Force India VJM07 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Force India VJM07 Mercedes

@JDC123: A few Pieces this Week, but the the last 2 Days of next Weeks Testing should bring a lot of new Stuff.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 2, Day 2 - Bahrain (20.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Blanchimont

From the current AMUS gallery
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

michl420

Because of this picture scarbs assume that the second inlet is the engine air intake, but this brings us to one problem !

5.14.1 With the exception of incidental leakage through joints or cooling ducts in the inlet system (either into or out of the system), all air entering the engine must enter the bodywork through a maximum of two inlets which are located :
a) Between the front of the cockpit entry template and a point 500mm forward of the rear wheel centre line longitudinally.
b) No less than 200mm above the reference plane vertically.
c) On vertical cross-sections normal to the car centre line.
Furthermore, any such inlets must be visible in their entirety when viewed from the front of the car and without the driver seated in the car.

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 2, Day 4 - Bahrain (22.02.2014)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

maheshvi

Did anyone noticed the asymmetrical rear view mirror? What is that bulge on the right rear view mirror for?

JackHammer

maheshvi wrote:Did anyone noticed the asymmetrical rear view mirror? What is that bulge on the right rear view mirror for?
Sensor/camera
From memory I believe Force India have ran the same thing on the mirror for the past few years in testing

ringo

Blanchimont wrote:From the current AMUS gallery
http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/For ... 756601.jpg
You can see here that the fuel tanks are really much smaller compared to last year.
Notice how much narrow it is.

As for the Intercoolers, they must be on the right side of the car. As it seems only the radiators are on the left side.
For Sure!!

Matt Somers

Probably already seen/mentioned but:
https://twitter.com/SomersF1/status/438604237216296960
Catch me on Twitter https://twitter.com/SomersF1 or the blog http://www.SomersF1.co.uk
I tweet tech images for Sutton Images

stefan_

Winter Testing 2014 - Session 3, Day 1 - Bahrain (27.02.2014)

FrukostScones

I really like the design of this car and also the livery is kind of good. I hope it will be quick and give McLaren and Mercedes a headache.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Sebp

http://twitter.com/ScarbsF1/status/439416683225051136 Has anyone noticed other teams doing the same?
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

Owen.C93

I thought it was common, it's what those cooling slots utilize. It's just narrower now because of the smaller fuel tank.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Sebp

For some reason I always thought those were connected to the sidepods. :? :?:
No smartphone was involved in creating this message.

Godius

Godius wrote:The rendering showcased outlet gills on top of the side pods, the Jerez version of the chassis doesn't have those things fitted:

racecar-engineering
The car was sporting these outlet grills on the side pods today: