McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bidong

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

this is the wrong place.. but lotus wanted to jump mclaren's launch. i hope someone starts a new thread for lotus. mclaren's nose lookin better.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5872_n.png

Morteza

The car looks OK :mrgreen: But the livery really caught me by surprise. When I first saw the car I thought: Wait a minute! Mercedes were supposed to unveil their car on 28th :wink:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Avocado

Rear suspension?? :shock:

neilbah

its a shame this area isnt that clear on the 3d, infact on the 3/4 view you can see big differences in the nosecone sides and rear suspension areas. It looks like theres a different solution to the exhaust too
Last edited by neilbah on 24 Jan 2014, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Coefficient

I think the Lower beam wing will be emulated by the upper rear suspension arms. By the time we get to the first test we will see enormous covers on them IMHO.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

bauc

Well its not a looker :)) but I just pray its fast ....I dont care about the nose at the front....I just want to see MCLAREN WIN
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

i70q7m7ghw

Looks like they've tried to lift the rear suspension up as well, to promote airflow round the sidepods and over the top of the diffuser.

mikeerfol

The rear suspension is pull rod, was it like this the previous years?

Hail22

Watch the video i posted above, the sketches and drawings may give our gurus more technical insight to the MP4-29 ;)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

SectorOne

Engine air intake has distinct channels in it as well, interesting.

Edit: Also seeing the video above, i´m more comforted by having Sam Michael instead of Martin as the top dog.
He´s more Ron Dennis then Martin is if you will.
Last edited by SectorOne on 24 Jan 2014, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Coefficient

Appart from the beak and the other obvious accomodations made for the new power train this car is very reminiscent of the early low nose MP4 27.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

PhillipM

Coefficient wrote:I think the Lower beam wing will be emulated by the upper rear suspension arms. By the time we get to the first test we will see enormous covers on them IMHO.
Looks like that's what they're trying to achieve somehow, they're trying to diffuse the exhaust plume with that cover for something, and I don't think it's just to drive the sidepod exits.

beelsebob

Slightly scary that he seems to be implying that the car is not going to be reliable in that video.

Hail22

Coefficient wrote:I think the Lower beam wing will be emulated by the upper rear suspension arms. By the time we get to the first test we will see enormous covers on them IMHO.
Spot on:

Gilles Villeneuve