Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Morteza

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

JaqDRipper wrote:Allegedly a real shot of the SF15-T.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Isn't that the 2013 car?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

poolboy67

Morteza wrote:
JaqDRipper wrote:Allegedly a real shot of the SF15-T.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Isn't that the 2013 car?
well whatever it was is gone now, that's for sure :cry:
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

poolboy67

to me this is a no-brainer. this years car is going to be ugly and there won't be a whole lot changes done.
i would put my money on the fact that this car will be a minor evolution to last years car, and that the big things are going to be done for the 2016 car. this season ferrari should only try out different ideas, parts and concepts for 2016 and hope that while doing so, this years car would also be competitive.

the changes done to the team last year were so massive that it would be total waste to try and make the best car possible now. it's too much recources placed on a car that has been developed by a mishmash of different engineers, one continuing the work of another that got sacked. it's chaos. and chaos is absolute poison when trying to develope something as complex as an f1 car.

so i hope they'll just try out stuff this year, and are truly putting most of their time and recources into developing the 2016 car.

Harsha

I found this on twitter wonder how much of this is true

Vasconia

poolboy67 wrote:to me this is a no-brainer. this years car is going to be ugly and there won't be a whole lot changes done.
i would put my money on the fact that this car will be a minor evolution to last years car, and that the big things are going to be done for the 2016 car. this season ferrari should only try out different ideas, parts and concepts for 2016 and hope that while doing so, this years car would also be competitive.

the changes done to the team last year were so massive that it would be total waste to try and make the best car possible now. it's too much recources placed on a car that has been developed by a mishmash of different engineers, one continuing the work of another that got sacked. it's chaos. and chaos is absolute poison when trying to develope something as complex as an f1 car.

so i hope they'll just try out stuff this year, and are truly putting most of their time and recources into developing the 2016 car.
100% agree, there is no sign to be hopeful. Only one, they can change more parts of the car and improve, its my only hope to see an improved car. But the rest is disheartning, there has no been continuaton in the development of this project.

Vasconia

Artur Craft wrote:Marca claims that the wind tunnel data is not "spetacular"
Good news, every year Marca claimed that Ferrari was building a new car with great results in the wind tunnel. :mrgreen:

poolboy67

could be because of the fact that when this news surfaced, the 2015 nose rules had just been finalized and ferrari had tested their first version of the 2015 nose. and since williams said that when they were developing the new nose, it caused a "headache". which ofc means it was a pain in the ass to design. so i'm not very surprised that ferrari also had a hard time designing the new nose.

i think instead of making an evolution version of last years nose, ferrari are going to try a new, more tapered shape. (allisons comments about it being prettier supports this)
to me these look like caps that go over the rollhoop when the antenna isn't on the car. i.e for photoshoots.
ferrari has always been super secretive about their new cars, prior to revealing them. so i don't think these would be anything important.

well. today it's mclaren. tomorrow it's ferrari. i'm really exited, but for the wrong reasons maybe? 'cause i know neither of them are going to be near the fastest cars... but i wanna see the new liveries :D can't wait.

EDIT: oh look i got a day ahead of myself haha. ofc i mean TOMORROW is mclaren and day after tomorrow is ferrari. too little sleep... or coffee... or both.

aleks_ader

poolboy67 wrote:i think instead of making an evolution version of last years nose, ferrari are going to try a new, more tapered shape. (allisons comments about it being prettier supports this)
Do yot think that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=8 ... lpage#t=28

when he almost say "change a front downforce" :lol:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

KingHamilton01

poolboy67 wrote:
could be because of the fact that when this news surfaced, the 2015 nose rules had just been finalized and ferrari had tested their first version of the 2015 nose. and since williams said that when they were developing the new nose, it caused a "headache". which ofc means it was a pain in the ass to design. so i'm not very surprised that ferrari also had a hard time designing the new nose.

i think instead of making an evolution version of last years nose, ferrari are going to try a new, more tapered shape. (allisons comments about it being prettier supports this)
to me these look like caps that go over the rollhoop when the antenna isn't on the car. i.e for photoshoots.
ferrari has always been super secretive about their new cars, prior to revealing them. so i don't think these would be anything important.

well. today it's mclaren. tomorrow it's ferrari. i'm really exited, but for the wrong reasons maybe? 'cause i know neither of them are going to be near the fastest cars... but i wanna see the new liveries :D can't wait.

EDIT: oh look i got a day ahead of myself haha. ofc i mean TOMORROW is mclaren and day after tomorrow is ferrari. too little sleep... or coffee... or both.
Cause you know that neither of them are going to be near the fastest cars. What a bizarre comment, would you care to back up that theory with with some hard evidence.
McLaren Mercedes

GoranF1

Parts of chassis seen at the very start of the video.

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

zioture

Chassis SF15-T

It's look like pull-rod

Last edited by zioture on 28 Jan 2015, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Fede90

I don't think so. the picture is unfocused, too hard to say

ME4ME

Looks again like a very steep, short nose. Vacuum cleaner 2.0-T ? :)

wuzak

That bar is in teh wrong position to be a pull-rod.

I would think that is part of the suspension arm.

TechF1

Yes it's absolutely identical to the F14T :(
Last edited by TechF1 on 28 Jan 2015, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.