Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
matt_s

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

The front looks like last year with the hoover replaced by a platypus.

Kalsi

Quick review from what came to my mind

* Nose tip really looks like a well achieved Mclaren concept if not even better
** VERY big changes on both front and rear suspensions geometry (probably the biggest change the f14-t needed IMHO)
*** Tighter back compared to the 2014 car with more sloped and well shaped sidepods

Both front and rear wing doesn't look particularly changed but guess we should wait the tests and see
Finally looking both quick and sexy!! That Alfa Romeo sticker looks soo good!

Giando

While visually it maybe disappointing for some... i am very intrigued by the angle of the pull-rod lever.

It's no more almost-horizontal, thanks to the lower chassis in the front suspensions area.

It's a big change in the overall geometry of the suspension. Maybe this time it will work much better. Who knows?

erlik

Hope it will be more reliable than Alfas.

f1316

I think that once you look closely you see that the sidepod shape is actually a lot tigther and more similar to the red bull than last year; it also has very small air intakes at the front of the sidepods (much smaller than the W06).

The difference is that Ferrari have kept the bodywork carrying all the way to the diffuser which I understand is supposed to keep the airflow attached better.

Also needs to be noted that Ferrari, unlike other teams, are getting more air under their nose this year than last. For most it's the reverse.

Pedrolito

Not fan of this "elephant trunk" nose. Looks like the McLaren one.

I'm not engineer, but the Mercedes nose seems better in terms of aerodynamics...

poolboy67

i wonder why Allison seems a little low on the interview. he also seems to slightly avoid answering the the questions.
but his talks definetly point towards 2016. good good good.

looks like an interesting car indeed. i really don't like the lenght of the nose but overall it's beautiful.

EDIT: alot of people seem to always hate on the noses of the cars.
for once we've got noses on the cars that look good, infact bilions times better than the stupid stepped or super high noses, or the bloody gentleman's sausages of last year.

if these noses are so damn ugly, tell me what kinda nose you'd bloody like to see then?!
Last edited by poolboy67 on 30 Jan 2015, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

f1motta

All pictures released by Ferrari - http://www.f1talks.pl/2015/01/30/prezentacja-sf15-t

charlex

I see many comments like 'mclaren nose bla bla bla". At least they havent cloned the rear from rb10 as mclaren done dear fanboys

gandharva

PABLOEING wrote:Image
Thanks. I was in the process of generating the same comparison. Yours came out just as I expected. 2015 Ferrari is still quite a fatty around the hips and ass. Din't they say that the back will be much slimmer?

dobbster71

erlik wrote:Hope it will be more reliable than Alfas.
Couldn't resist regurgitating that old cliché, eh?!?!
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

CBeck113

At a glance, it looks like they cleaned up the coke bottle - it is much smoother now. The side pods are different, and maybe even have a smaller volume, but because of the unusual shape with the drop-off on the sides it's difficult to tell. I wonder what they expect from that anyway - possibly better flow to the rear in turns (i.e. to help control the flow of the vortices toward the rear in the turn)?
The nose is as pretty and simple as last years' ugly and complex...could work, since it will be easy to simulate. Could also be a place holder until testing begins. And let's not forget - the nose itself also generates downforce, unless they make it like last year's.

THEY HAVE RAKE!!!!! That took long enough.

The suspensions look very compact & clean, but I just can't determine if that is a good thing or not, since air flow in that area is king.

The diffusor is unique - its "corners" are now very round, which I think is determined by or necessary for the rake they want to use.

I don't think that the pull rod suspension will survive the whole season.

I honestly don't think it will be too bad, and will have potential to get faster as the season progresses. All the wings and brake ducts are from last year, so they will (hopefully) be different (better) at the first test.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Advino116

My mind can't comprehend how much longer the Ferrari is compared to the McLaren. And this comparison is with the Ferrari on a slightly smaller scale then McLaren...

erlik

dobbster71 wrote:
erlik wrote:Hope it will be more reliable than Alfas.
Couldn't resist regurgitating that old cliché, eh?!?!
Sorry for off-topic. Unfortunately I own Alfa so I talk from my experience :(

Yeah, this ferrari seems long. Would be interesting to have comparison of all cars.