Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

FrukostScones wrote:
Smokin' Aces wrote:
davidfroshanzen wrote:in FP 1 and FP 2 the machine not over heat ,,,, but performance still under expectation,,
No info yet on the ERS performance.

70% ?
Alonso: "The Power Unit is not at the top. It is very, very limited"
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GoranF1

Postmoe

dren wrote:It looks like they could still shrink the body work at the rear if cooling allowed. The Honda Unit is very compact. The exhausts look to be normal, not log style.
They look... this is the right word because all this area of the engine is so compact (in my eyes, not an engineer) you wouldn't be sure without a completelly open power unit, don't you?

I mean, I recall 2014 PU's to be way more "expansive" in that area, so you could easily notice the bends of the exhaust pipes.

mclaren111

Here you can clearly see S-Duct:

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Thunder

A few more from AMuS :

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

SectorOne

Sparkle-paint deluxe. Like a small light-show going on while watching FP2.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

willmesquita

Guys, does anybody have data about cornering speed (specially sector 2)?
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

damager21

3jawchuck wrote:http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... nt_-_3.pdf

Am I right in seeing that Alonso is still on his first PU elements? But I thought a driver shared his engines with his stand in? How can he not need anything new after Magnussen's failure last race?
After Kevin's engine failure at Australia, Alonso has a new ICE, MGU-H and Turbocharger for Malaysia so that's 2nd of the 4 allowed without penalty. There are also talks of FIA increasing the number of allocations to 5 in which case it will be great news for all drivers.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... _doc_8.pdf

Also, MGU-K driveline of Jensons car was replaced. It seems this is allowed as per regulations and hence does not carry any penalty. In fact at Australia, Honda replaced this same part on both Jenson and Kevin's car after qualifying.

http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/ ... _-_4_0.pdf

KingHamilton01

Nice s-duct solution on the car, expect to see Monkey seat come to the car soon? look's like they are going to be bringing a massive Aero update within the next couple of grand prix's when they have enough data.
McLaren Mercedes

JimClarkFan

Encouraging to see I proved performance with what I presume is minimum upgrades to the engine?

Looking forward to Europe, think Honda can turn this around

CjC
CjC

Eric boullier says there are easy improvements in laptime to find just in the engine alone. The only way is up guys 8)
Just a fan's point of view

Fer.Fan

CjC wrote:Eric boullier says there are easy improvements in laptime to find just in the engine alone. The only way is up guys 8)
So far Mclaren-Honda are under preforming. Man was expecting so much more from two big companies, with experience and know how. To see them struggle is both sad and funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Specially for Fernando, he left Ferrari to win titles. With MP4-30, impossible. That car is just to far behind.

GoranF1

Fer.Fan wrote:
CjC wrote:Eric boullier says there are easy improvements in laptime to find just in the engine alone. The only way is up guys 8)
So far Mclaren-Honda are under preforming. Man was expecting so much more from two big companies, with experience and know how. To see them struggle is both sad and funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Specially for Fernando, he left Ferrari to win titles. With MP4-30, impossible. That car is just to far behind.
off topic,but all Ferrari will do this year is 2nd and 3rd places,for someone who is 14 years in F1 that is absolutley thhe same as 17 and 19 places,plus Mclearn Honda is still no1 favorite to win a race in AbuDhabi this year,,,ask Arai if you dont belive me :D

Fer.Fan

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:
Fer.Fan wrote:
off topic,but all Ferrari will do this year is 2nd and 3rd places,for someone who is 14 years in F1 that is absolutley thhe same as 17 and 19 places,plus Mclearn Honda is still no1 favorite to win a race in AbuDhabi this year,,,ask Arai if you dont belive me :D
Favorite to win in AbuDhabi??? I take it as a big joke.
During qualify Button complained about not getting tyres to work in first sector. Why??? Lack of downforce, MP-30 is just to bad car. Tight rear end of the car don´t automatically gives you massive downforce.