Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Mesteño

EDIT; Sorry, someone already posted.

RicME85

turbof1 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:http://abload.de/img/mchonda1dgues.jpg

I wonder if the bull horns are legal and what that small panel is right above the nosecone?
The camera pods? They are legal since the supports are integrated into the nose. It's a very clever interpretation. It's of course nowhere near the mercedes solution, but should still give a bit of its benefits.

The small panel is removable to adjust the suspension.

Maybe, and I like to stress on maybe, it's part of a S duct, but I doubt it.
Isnt that small panel for the Pitot tube array like Merc ran last season around that part of the nose?

turbof1

RicME85 wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:http://abload.de/img/mchonda1dgues.jpg

I wonder if the bull horns are legal and what that small panel is right above the nosecone?
The camera pods? They are legal since the supports are integrated into the nose. It's a very clever interpretation. It's of course nowhere near the mercedes solution, but should still give a bit of its benefits.

The small panel is removable to adjust the suspension.

Maybe, and I like to stress on maybe, it's part of a S duct, but I doubt it.
Isnt that small panel for the Pitot tube array like Merc ran last season around that part of the nose?
Yes, could very well be.
#AeroFrodo

bauc

I don't really know what to say about the new car. On first look, it seems much better designed than the mp4-29 and it seems that we just might get a stable set up platform this year....and the nose is not bad at all, I guess time will tell so looking forward to Sunday for the first test.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

taperoo2k

turbof1 wrote:I'm expecting that they'll open up and widen that coke bottle area during the tests.
I'm sure it will and I expect the nose may change as well. Funny to see that they didn't bother to put on the DRS actuator and other gubbins on the rear wing. Peter Prodromou seems to have had more influence on the MP4-30 than expected, but I could be wrong.

SectorOne

@TurboF1
Both probably, look here,

Small one is definitely pitot tube. The big one is probably a future S-duct/holes to fiddle with the suspension.
It´s an abnormally large hatch.

Last edited by SectorOne on 29 Jan 2015, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

poolboy67

looks like they think cooling is not going to be an issue. as did red bull last season, yet that turned out to be their biggest problem during winter testing. i hope honda's right this time.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

mikhak

Thunders wrote:Wow. So i really like the Nose. The Sidepods are actually tiny, so there is some serious Packaging going on. Nice little Details all around the Car.

Seems they run an internal DRS actuator like Merc did 2(?) Years before.
https://twitter.com/f1writers/status/560772476192292864

So overall i am very Impressed. Stunning Car.
The only thing i'm not really sure about is the Livery. The West Livery was great, but didn't they want to star a new Era? Hopefully it will change until Melbourne.
I imagine having no central rear wing pylon the endplates would need to be thicker to take the load to the floor. So there could be the opportunity for more space in the endplates for the DRS actuator.

I don't see any Williams style "wing" connecting the bottom of the endplate to the RIS. It must be integrated into the floor.

KingHamilton01

The nose looks to have an s-duct.......?
McLaren Mercedes

WaikeCU

What strikes me is that the part in front of the sidepods onwards is so much cleaner/emptier than last season. Less drag, more smooth. I think the idea is to not disturb airflow towards the back.

Wait a minute... I don't see no brake ducts at the front? :shock:

turbof1

Notice btw the car is missing brake ducts. I'm looking forward to what they are hiding.
#AeroFrodo

dren

The car looks great. Everything looks very detailed and purpose driven. All of the suspension components look like they flow well.

The sidepods are very tight, a very smooth coke bottle shape.

The nose is what I was expecting, flowing like the Red Bull. It reminds me of the Brawn head on.
Honda!

taperoo2k

poolboy67 wrote:looks like they think cooling is not going to be an issue. as did red bull last season, yet that turned out to be their biggest problem during winter testing. i hope honda's right this time.
I expect they've got different packaging solutions ready should cooling be an issue. Though I don't expect it will be an issue, Honda have had enough time to develop the power unit alongside McLaren. Though we shall find out on Sunday.

dren

turbof1 wrote:Notice btw the car is missing brake ducts. I'm looking forward to what they are hiding.
The rear ducts are there.
Honda!