Sauber C34 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
edu2703

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

McMrocks wrote:
sauberfan wrote:Isnt that the old nose?
It is
According to Salvatore Asero, the new nose will arrive later!

Hail22

Singapore GP:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Godius

a couple of pictures of the short nose:
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/statu ... 2588553216 Image

Thunder

And the new Nose with the New wing.
https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/644447656006189056 Bigger Pictures: (Quite Ferrari inspired Front Wing)
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Silent Storm

The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Morteza

Singapore - Thursday

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FW17

Did they shorten the wheel base of the car?

Sniffit

WilliamsF1 wrote:Did they shorten the wheel base of the car?
After comparing it with older photos it really looks like they have. However it could also just be due to angle of this photo.

mkable1370

Sniffit wrote:
After comparing it with older photos it really looks like they have. However it could also just be due to angle of this photo.
I think it's just the new nose that is part of their midseason aero update which Sauber tweeted today. Not actual change to the wheel base.

Thunder

The Nose is not quite as short as others, but definetly a step in the right direction and probably the max possible in Terms of Costs.

Here in comparsion with the McLaren:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sniffit

mkable1370 wrote:
Sniffit wrote:
I think it's just the new nose that is part of their midseason aero update which Sauber tweeted today. Not actual change to the wheel base.
Might be.. I tried to measure the length in wheel widths, but without proper software it's hard to get right,

MH78

http://cdn-5.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... sauber.jpg

No, they have not!

Hail22

Singapore GP - Friday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Morteza

Sauber C34 - Singapore update package

Sauber introduced the largest update of arguably any team in Singapore. This is the fruit of many months in the wind tunnel and CFD. The package - the Swiss squad’s first major upgrade of the season - almost amounts to a B-spec machine. Sadly, however, it could not prevent both cars going out in Q1 in qualifying.

© Giorgio Piola

The update includes a new, shorter nose, following the trend set by Williams from the start of the season. Sauber’s treatment is similar to McLaren’s. The drawing above shows the old nose on the left and the new one on the right.

It has the following features: 1. Shorter and thinner ‘finger’ in the centre; 2. Lower nose section with improved airflow under the nose to the floor; 3. New main profile with a larger footstep and a curved profile beneath the endplate (a trend set by Mercedes); 4. New slotted flap; 5. Second vertical turning vane to better direct the airflow outside the front tyre; 6. Wider, Mercedes-style section; 7. Different fins on the outside of the endplate.

© Giorgio Piola

The drawing above shows the old nosecone on the left and the new one on the right. The difference in length and shape is clear. Note that the new nose does not have the lower keel (red arrow).

Via Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare