Red Bull RB11 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Red Bull RB11 Renault

Suzuka - Qualifying

The reason for posting the image below is to illustrate how successful the current era of Formula 1's survival cell performs:

Now back to norm:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Blackout

Mercedes has a bat behind those turning vanes. Red bull has a sea gull flyin upside down.

n_anirudh

Seeing this video from 0.06-0.11, why is the main plane fluttering? Or am I seeing things? Is the drs fluid spurting out in small quantities each time. The wing flutters and as it slows down it's amplitude picks up again.sort of modulated...

JDC123

Kvyat's crash shows you how sturdy the rear wing central mount is as it completely survived along with the main plane even after a huge hit.

Morteza

Red Bull RB11 - revised turning vanes

Both Red Bull cars raced in Suzuka with these new turning vanes (main drawing), which were used only by Kvyat at the last round in Singapore - where Ricciardo drove with the previous version (inset).

© Giorgio Piola

As you can see, the new version has a more twisted vertical shape (upper right arrow), while the floor section is angled upwards more steeply at the rear. Note also the different position and shape of the horizontal connection between the two turning vanes (centre arrow). Kvyat carried out a back-to-back test of the two different floors on Friday. The changes are designed to improve airflow under the car and hence boost downforce.

Via Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Hail22

Russian GP - Thursday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Chuckjr

Bernie says red bull engine deal is sorted. Hmmmm.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... d_out8217/
Watching F1 since 1986.

djos

Chuckjr wrote:Bernie says red bull engine deal is sorted. Hmmmm.
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... d_out8217/
Hope they get something competitive!
"In downforce we trust"

Hail22

Russian GP - Friday

Gilles Villeneuve

OO7
OO7

mclaren111

Hope they get something competitive!
They do not deserve anything after the way they have behaved and treated Renault :shock: :shock:

They must take what they can get or leave :D :D

Juzh

mclaren111 wrote: They do not deserve anything after the way they have behaved and treated Renault :shock: :shock:
And how has renault treated them?

Hail22

Russian GP - Qualifying

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

US GP - Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

PhillipM

Interesting just how much RB sculpts the floor surface through the thickness compared to most teams.