Red Bull RB11 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hail22

Re: Red Bull RB11 Renault

US GP - Friday

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Morteza

Red Bull RB11 - Austin front wing

In the United States, Red Bull and McLaren were the latest teams to take on board key aspects of Mercedes' front wing design.

© Giorgio Piola

As can be seen in this drawing of Red Bull’s interpretation, the outer section of the wing has a small step (underlined in red) next to the endplate. This entire area consists of various channels which better direct airflow towards the outside of the front tyres, thus boosting downforce. Both Red Bull and McLaren raced their solutions at the Circuit of The Americas.

Via Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Hail22

Mexico GP - FP3

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

zztopless

Great photos Hail22, cheers :D

GoranF1

Team thread is for some reason locked,so i put the news here....;)
https://twitter.com/alo_pumpa/status/662161680093310977
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

hollus

Surely you mean that you are putting the rumors here?
Rivals, not enemies.

GoranF1

hollus wrote:Surely you mean that you are putting the rumors here?
you dont like rumors?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

olefud

hollus wrote:Surely you mean that you are putting the rumors here?
The Judge 13 is a pretty good source. Without rumors there'd only be race results.

Hail22

Brasil GP - Wednesday

Gilles Villeneuve

gandharva

Ricciardo is going to race the new 11 token Renault engine this weekend. I was reading that the cooling layout is different for the new engine. Let's see if they made changes to the engine cover too.

Thunder

Apparently not all of the Update is Ready: https://twitter.com/janci1612/status/664842091638480896
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

FW17

Thunders wrote:Apparently not all of the Update is Ready:
https://twitter.com/janci1612/status/664842091638480896

So wat was ready 2 races ago?

ME4ME

Renault :wtf: #-o

kooleracer

WilliamsF1 wrote:

There is definitely sometings going on in the background that are being held back. I'm sure this has to do with the 2016 engine deal. Renault might not give Red Bull the same engines as Lotus next year, that's the vibe I'm getting from all of this. Also Red Bull wasn't keen on the update at first very rudely dismissing to use it in Austin. Because then there was still a slight change of getting a Ferrari engine deal done. Now that, that possibility is almost gone. Red Bull are crawling back to Renault and Ghosn isn't having any of it. It wouldn't surprise if Red Bull 2016 deal only consists of the ICE engine and that Red Bull has to sort the rest of things out themselves with 2015 (pre- USGP update parts) or making there own turbocharger and MGU-K/H unit.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

bdeitemeyer

kooleracer wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:

There is definitely sometings going on in the background that are being held back. I'm sure this has to do with the 2016 engine deal. Renault might not give Red Bull the same engines as Lotus next year, that's the vibe I'm getting from all of this. Also Red Bull wasn't keen on the update at first very rudely dismissing to use it in Austin. Because then there was still a slight change of getting a Ferrari engine deal done. Now that, that possibility is almost gone. Red Bull are crawling back to Renault and Ghosn isn't having any of it. It wouldn't surprise if Red Bull 2016 deal only consists of the ICE engine and that Red Bull has to sort the rest of things out themselves with 2015 (pre- USGP update parts) or making there own turbocharger and MGU-K/H unit.
I agree that there appears to be more going on in the background than what Renault is saying. With the TJ13 rumor saying that the ICE is a shared item between RBR and Renault, but that RBR will be sourcing their own head & various other components... perhaps that's a reason that Renault doesn't want to let RBR test out their "new" turbocharger. Seems too much of a coincidence that the rumor suggests that RBR will only be using Renault's ICE for next year before modifying it from their themselves, and now Renault is essentially only upgrading their PU with the new ICE and not the other components that RBR will supposedly be sourcing themselves next year.