Manor Marussia MR03B Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Richard

Re: Manor MNR1 - Ferrari (aka 2015 Marussia)

michl420 wrote:Looks like they just put a ~20cm section in front of the old bulkhead to meet the new rules. That will give a really long nose.
I do like that, it's such a simple adaptation.

markp

Wow. White and red sidepods like what McLaren fans wanted. If this car is 2014 with a slapped on nose and bulkhead change to comply will it not be slower than last years car. Williams had said they lost alot on initial test with nose changes. Surely there has been no time to develop this so its what would have been an initial mockup. If cars have gained 2 seconds and this is slower than last years car are they allowed bigger mirrors for when everyone comes through to lap them?

PlatinumZealot

markp wrote:Wow. White and red sidepods like what McLaren fans wanted. If this car is 2014 with a slapped on nose and bulkhead change to comply will it not be slower than last years car. Williams had said they lost alot on initial test with nose changes. Surely there has been no time to develop this so its what would have been an initial mockup. If cars have gained 2 seconds and this is slower than last years car are they allowed bigger mirrors for when everyone comes through to lap them?
Tyres are worth 0.3 seconds Pirrelli says - Mercedes has gained 1 to 1.5 seconds to last year it is reported. So yeah if they use the MN01 suspension and wings and Ferrari '15 engine they might have a glimmer of hope of not being lapped on lap 15 of the race.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

f1showcars

[quote="cubejam"]Some pictures of the changes that were made:

Wednesday

http://i.imgur.com/PIpzQfa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PxvkMOZ.jpg

Well i think looking back at the 2015 windtunnel model pictures it would be a safe bet to say the nose cone will be of that or similar design, as you can see where this part would of been. I presume it will have a sloped cover to bridge it from the top of the monocoque to the end of this new bulkhead part

markp

PlatinumZealot wrote:
markp wrote:Wow. White and red sidepods like what McLaren fans wanted. If this car is 2014 with a slapped on nose and bulkhead change to comply will it not be slower than last years car. Williams had said they lost alot on initial test with nose changes. Surely there has been no time to develop this so its what would have been an initial mockup. If cars have gained 2 seconds and this is slower than last years car are they allowed bigger mirrors for when everyone comes through to lap them?
Tyres are worth 0.3 seconds Pirrelli says - Mercedes has gained 1 to 1.5 seconds to last year it is reported. So yeah if they use the MN01 suspension and wings and Ferrari '15 engine they might have a glimmer of hope of not being lapped on lap 15 of the race.
They are using Ferrari 2014 engine though? Plus what will likely be just a mock up to current regs for the nose with no development. This may mean inferior aero to last years car and a PU that according to some rumours is as much as 80 hp down on the latest version. Interesting to see pictures of powerunit and 2015 on other Ferrari powered cars to see if it would be possible to mount 2015 PU in this chassis.

Italiano

But wasn't a lot of 2014 Ferrari PU problems also software related? Why on earth would they not give them as up to date machinery as it's possible for the money? I'm 99% sure that whatever Manor get, it will not be exact 2014 spec. Ergo it won't be as crummy and gutless.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

markp

Italiano wrote:But wasn't a lot of 2014 Ferrari PU problems also software related? Why on earth would they not give them as up to date machinery as it's possible for the money? I'm 99% sure that whatever Manor get, it will not be exact 2014 spec. Ergo it won't be as crummy and gutless.
But will software updates compensate for the potential loss in aero over last year. Plus with no development time or chance to design and produce new parts how will last years front wing interact with this stuck on nose and slap dash bulkhead change. My issue is could this be the worst entry into an F1 season in the last 30 or more years? Despite software alterations potential with no hardware change of ERS recharge issues Ferrari had last year will be there. Interesting to see their laptimes compared to last year allowing for similar conditions.

SRK
SRK

RicME85

Wow :o
The bulkhead modification is so simple, wasnt expecting the solution to be just a simple bolt on carbon fibre box.
When I saw the modification I was concerned for how the front of the car would look, even with the vanity panel over the old and new bulkheads, from that image it actually looks ok.
When the images of the windtunnel model were posted I thought the nose looked a little odd but the finished article is actually pretty good.
So far the livery is looking promising, can't wait to see the whole car together with the whole paint scheme.

Im sure I read that Ferrari were updating the software of the 2014 PU for Manor, bringing the drive-ability in line with the 15 PU.
I think the team will be no faster and no slower than last year, even with the changes other teams have made.
Hopefully when the 2015 spec chassis hits the track it will give them a small performance boost, purely down to better weight distribution as the chassis will be made with the regulation changes rather than the workarounds that are on the 14 chassis which will clearly have an effect.

Glad to see Manor/Marussia back on the grid and wish them all the best for this season, I really hope that they can do the companies that they owed money to proud by solidifying the team and getting it ready for the next couple of seasons.
Have to doff my cap to those companies, mighty brave of them to agree to let the team continue rather than trying to get a small percentage on each pound owed =D>

Vettel Maggot

Simple red suits.

I have a huge soft spot for this team, I hope via some miracle they can scrape a point.

Starscreamer

Vettel Maggot wrote:http://img3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Rob ... 849421.jpg

http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Rob ... 849422.jpg

http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Man ... 849374.jpg

Simple red suits.

I have a huge soft spot for this team, I hope via some miracle they can scrape a point.
Here the have simple white suits :lol:
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

desl

cubejam wrote: Image

looks like they put a massive block of aluminium at the lower side of the bulkhead ... to fill some kind of gap.

for comparison last year:

FW17

desl

The simple livery and the lack of sponsors somehow remind me of the Fondmetal Fomet 1 and the Coloni C4

Sevach