Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
C Plinius Secundus

Re: Ferrari 667 Speculation Thread

turbof1 wrote:I know this is the speculation topic and there is no real news about the car, but can we please find it in ourselves to talk about something else then the whiting of the car? One day guys, and it'll be over.
OK.

But you said it, there's no real data about the car, and maybe the speculation thread is almost "bone dry" because the teams are, IMHO, more efficient than in the past in keeping the secrecy around their projects. There are amost no leaks, no inside info, and when there is, it's usually a red herring... It would be interesting to know the companies in charge of their security.

turbof1

C Plinius Secundus wrote:
turbof1 wrote:I know this is the speculation topic and there is no real news about the car, but can we please find it in ourselves to talk about something else then the whiting of the car? One day guys, and it'll be over.
OK.

But you said it, there's no real data about the car, and maybe the speculation thread is almost "bone dry" because the teams are, IMHO, more efficient than in the past in keeping the secrecy around their projects. There are amost no leaks, no inside info, and when there is, it's usually a red herring... It would be interesting to know the companies in charge of their security.
IMO, that would actually be a much better discussion then what currently is. A few pages back (or in the team thread, don't remember exactly), we had a different discussion about the white part of livery: how it is hidden, subliminal tobacco advertising. That was actually a very functional discussion. The current discussion about the livery really gives me, and other members too for that matter, the impression it's solely there to have something to discuss. I think we can do better than that, no?

The off-season is admittingly also taking a long while. A few years back launches were one full month earlier. I'll be glad when we are tomorrow and the car is launches. Which by the way reminds me:

So tomorrow will be the official car launch. At that point I will close this speculation topic and open up the official car topic. The exception is when the car has a high suspicion to be the 2015 car. Either way, once we switched more stringent rules will come into place:

-Absolutely no livery talk in the car topic. Liveries are by nature topics assigned to the team thread, and should be discussed there. Posts about liveries in the car thread will be removed.

-Discussion about the car's hardware only. No discussion about the laptimes (should be discussed in the testing or race threads). No speculation or rumors towards future features of the car; no speculation about the competitive performance (car beats car B but car C, etc.). Such discussions will be removed as well.

-Discussion about the Power Unit should belong in its respective PU topic. How the car's chassis and bodywork is adapted to it remains in the car thread, but pure features of the PU don't go there. Since this is quite a grey area, we will not remove transgressions on that front, but will move them when appropiate.

Gents, that might sound strict and is infact so, but this is done to safeguard the topic quality. We will be very thorough about that this year! If you don't find anything worthwhile to post, please resist the urge and do not post. There is nothing wrong with that and is infact the better option when there's nothing new.
#AeroFrodo

George-Jung

turbof1 wrote:
The off-season is admittingly also taking a long while. A few years back launches were one full month earlier. I'll be glad when we are tomorrow and the car is launches.
Season's also were shorter, therefor they (all the teams) had more time to built the new car.. and show it to the fans earlier.
Bring it on!! :mrgreen:

Scuderia1967

George-Jung wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
The off-season is admittingly also taking a long while. A few years back launches were one full month earlier. I'll be glad when we are tomorrow and the car is launches.
Season's also were shorter, therefor they (all the teams) had more time to built the new car.. and show it to the fans earlier.
Bring it on!! :mrgreen:
They also had more test days to improve the car

turbof1

Something more relevant, the car launch time:
https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/sta ... 8942500865
#AeroFrodo

adrianjordan

1400 CET is 1300 GMT? Or have I got that wrong...??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

sterumbelow

adrianjordan wrote:1400 CET is 1300 GMT? Or have I got that wrong...??
That's right. They're an hour ahead.
@realsterumbelow

turbof1

Link to live stream: http://live.ferrari.com/en/
#AeroFrodo

turbof1

Very short nose!
#AeroFrodo

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Silent Storm

The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Frafer

that back!!!
"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

i70q7m7ghw

I thought that style of nose camera mount was being banned?

Nose is more like the Red Bull now. Rear end has been lifted up a lot to allow more airflow through over the diffuser. Overall it's an evolution of last years car with more aggressive development of aero. No new or radical concepts that I can see.

Morteza