Mclaren MP4-31 Honda Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dren

Re: Mclaren MP4-31 Honda Speculation Thread

bauc wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:Honda and Mclaren have both refuted the 2015 engine claim. Usual bollocks at this time of year! I think the thing we'll all have to look out for in testing times is the speed trap data compared with the other cars, which should give an indication of where the Mclaren is in terms of it's engine. If they're 30-40kmh down again then they are in deep trouble again, within 5-10kmh and they'll have managed to at least get the power up into the same ball park. 20kmph ahead and they'll be doing cartwheels down the pitlane!
Agreed, speed traps data will give us the first glimpse of the new's car potential although it could also be deceiving due to many factors (Fuel, Engine mod/test, Aero ect)
Speed traps comparable to the other teams should show they fixed the deployment issues.
Honda!

superdowg316

A sneak peak of their wheel rims has been posted on twitter by the team.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Chene_Mostert

I see they are also going for the single central nut on their wheels for the season.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

dr_cooke

superdowg316 wrote:A sneak peak of their wheel rims has been posted on twitter by the team.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cbnd_TxWAAAqhdy.jpg:large
Red and black livery we have...

adrianjordan

Honda advertising a black edition CRV at the moment...not sure whether to interpret a link or not?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

majki2111

Leon

screenshot from the video above

Last edited by Leon on 20 Feb 2016, 15:12, edited 2 times in total.
"Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon-gazing-behold."

Matsuo Basho

ollandos

http://prntscr.com/a5ovfg

THIS is from mclaren twitter ...look the rear wing flap .....i dont remember something like this from last years.........

ajprice

Higher res of that twitter image. I can't see any recent images either of the MP4/29 or 30 with the curved rear wing like that, or the red engine cover fin? (bottom left corner)

gary123

ajprice wrote:Higher res of that twitter image. I can't see any recent images either of the MP4/29 or 30 with the curved rear wing like that, or the red engine cover fin? (bottom left corner)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbpXKC-XIAA-XjW.jpg
Pre 2014 car. It is visible the beam wing.

Thunder

That Chrome Car is more a W05 than anything else. I wonder why they didn't take one of the McLarens as a rough guide to the Shape.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

kreuzass

It is just an animation. If that is the 3d model of the new car it is impressive. Sidepods, cooling inlets (daring), front wing (daring), diffusor (what a beast of diffusor, very high), high rear, tight packaging, new nose...

I can not see a W05 or W06 in this car. The nose is completely different, the sidepods and so on...

Thunder

Of course it has nothing to do with the 31.

To me the Nose resembles the later W05 model the most, also the twin RW Pylons look suspicious. ^^ But that's all a little too far off Topic i guess.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

OO7
OO7

ajprice wrote:Higher res of that twitter image. I can't see any recent images either of the MP4/29 or 30 with the curved rear wing like that, or the red engine cover fin? (bottom left corner)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbpXKC-XIAA-XjW.jpg
Yesterday or the day prior, I read somewhere that the upper element of the rear wing can't be as big as shown in that picture any more. It may be that McLaren have re-liveried one of their older cars (MP4-26) with the current scheme for promotional duties.

majki2111

Thunders wrote:Of course it has nothing to do with the 31.

To me the Nose resembles the later W05 model the most, also the twin RW Pylons look suspicious. ^^ But that's all a little too far off Topic i guess.
I would not discount that