Mercedes W07 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Mercedes W07 Speculation Thread

This is the speculation thread about the 2016 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.
#AeroFrodo

Facts Only

Re: Merecedes AMG W07 Speculation Thread

Surely the W07 will be the ultimate evolution of the 2014-2016 regulations. I would expect a big push in reliabilty over the winter and still a dominant car but the laws of diminishing returns will bring Ferrari closer again.

I suspect that Merc will push hard and early to win the title so that they can concetrate on the 2017 car (if the proposed rule changes happen) and we may see Ferrari much closer at the end of the season than the beginning.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Jordan44

Facts Only wrote:Surely the W07 will be the ultimate evolution of the 2014-2016 regulations. I would expect a big push in reliabilty over the winter and still a dominant car but the laws of diminishing returns will bring Ferrari closer again.

I suspect that Merc will push hard and early to win the title so that they can concetrate on the 2017 car (if the proposed rule changes happen) and we may see Ferrari much closer at the end of the season than the beginning.
According to http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... hallenger/ they are doing some testing and it may not be an evolution if they find their "radical concepts" appear to work.

dans79

J0rd4n wrote: According to http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce ... hallenger/ they are doing some testing and it may not be an evolution if they find their "radical concepts" appear to work.
I have a feeling a lot of these changes are half for the 2016 car and half for the 2017 car.
197 104 103 7

Mark4211

Re: Merecedes W07 Speculation Thread

F1.com: Analysis - Mercedes 2016 suspension development
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... pment.html

ringo

They will need to adressed the tyre performance issues they had in Singapore.
For Sure!!

SiLo

Do you think they will change the exhaust layout next year? The log style exhaust saves them so much space.. I was wondering if they could sit somewhere in between for aero and engine benefits.You can see below how much space it takes up.
Felipe Baby!

PlatinumZealot

Mark4211 wrote:F1.com: Analysis - Mercedes 2016 suspension development
I post the same thing before this news came out on the official site, and they branded me as a conspiracy theorist and banished my post into a locked thread! :lol:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ME4ME

Facts Only wrote:I would expect a big push in reliabilty over the winter and still a dominant car but the laws of diminishing returns will bring Ferrari closer again.
That's what they did coming into this year. Reliability seems pretty solid to me.

I fully agree to your 2nd part however. Expect them to stick to what they know, try win as much as possible at the start of the season, and then fully switch focus to 2017. Going radical this winter wouldn't make much sense, since 2016 is the last year of the current aero-regulations.

Felipe 92

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Mark4211 wrote:F1.com: Analysis - Mercedes 2016 suspension development
I post the same thing before this news came out on the official site, and they branded me as a conspiracy theorist and banished my post into a locked thread! :lol:
#-o
On f1.com it says they tested it on Hamilton's car in Brazil(Friday morning) and on both cars at Abu Dhabi (both Friday sessions).
You said that the new suspension were used on Hamilton's car since Singapore and that they did it deliberately to slow down Hamilton and help Rosberg.

Manoah2u

MERECEDES?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GoranF1

nice pic of 2015 unit..

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

kooleracer

I think the people that are excepting a evolution will get a big surprise. I fully expect the 2016 Ferrari to be quicker then the W06. Mercedes is aware of that thats why Toto and Paddy already eluded to the fact that Mercedes is looking at a more radicale approach for 2016. Another evolution will get them on par with Ferrari at best I think. Mercedes needs to find performance in their cooling package and packaging. Ferrari has beter cooling solutions at the moment. I expect the W07 to be as tightly packaged as the McLaren at the rear and have smaller cooling pods.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote:MERECEDES?
:oops: :lol:
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

Re: Mercedes W07 Speculation Thread

:mrgreen: no sweat, i make typo's all the time, too
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"