Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Joseki
Joseki
56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

ollandos wrote:looks like mclaren or its only my view?
It's mine too, there's a bit of McLaren in there.

Blackout
Blackout
674
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Look how the 'air box'starts drooping much earlier than F15T... Maybe a hint that the compressor moved much forward..?

Alonsofor2017
Alonsofor2017
1
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Joseki wrote:
ollandos wrote:looks like mclaren or its only my view?
It's mine too, there's a bit of McLaren in there.
hmm this is quite interesting would be good to see a comparison between the mp4-30 and sf16-h to compare/ see which one is tighter, maybe this is a sign that mclaren are going a good route in terms of aero

Yurasyk
Yurasyk
15
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

It seems, we definitely have a longer wheelbase
Image

bonjon1979
bonjon1979
39
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Silent Storm wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:I think wheelbase is same as last year.. If anything they might be a tad shorter 10-15mm maybe
How can you tell this?
https://twitter.com/eligp/status/700676220560785408
Both images are not at same scale but if they were I don't think there would be much difference between both cars.
We have this every year. It's impossible to compare accurately compare wheelbase of cars from photos that are taken at different times, from different lens', from different distances. certainly not to the degree you're suggesting.

Joseki
Joseki
56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Alonsofor2017 wrote:
Joseki wrote:
ollandos wrote:looks like mclaren or its only my view?
It's mine too, there's a bit of McLaren in there.
hmm this is quite interesting would be good to see a comparison between the mp4-30 and sf16-h to compare/ see which one is tighter, maybe this is a sign that mclaren are going a good route in terms of aero
Image

I don't think this prove anything, we already knew the MP4-30 was a good car.

User avatar
dren
282
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Slimmed down and stretched sidepods. The cooling must be impressive. I expect the rear might open a bit more during testing. Also, there are cooling exits now on both sides of the driver. The sidepod slope from top to bottom is more like the rest of the cars now. Over the past several years it had a bit of a side slope to it.

The lower front suspension members look like they reverted back to normal rather than the combined Mercedes style, at least from looking from the top.

The air box for the engine only has one support pillar, and it's tiny.

Overall a very sleek, good looking car. They improved in all the right areas aero related. PS, the livery looks good too - ha!
Last edited by dren on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda!

Alonsofor2017
Alonsofor2017
1
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Joseki wrote:
Alonsofor2017 wrote:
Joseki wrote:
It's mine too, there's a bit of McLaren in there.
hmm this is quite interesting would be good to see a comparison between the mp4-30 and sf16-h to compare/ see which one is tighter, maybe this is a sign that mclaren are going a good route in terms of aero
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CblNS4QUAAANp0A.jpg

I don't think this prove anything, we already knew the MP4-30 was a good car.
well we dont for sure unless engine is good, but i think the angle of the mclaren pick is slightly different but by the looks of it ferrari is just as tight at the back and is smaller at the front because of smaller inlets, good news

Blackout
Blackout
674
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Radiator layout has clearly changed. Hence the very different sidepods/engine cover...

bonjon1979
bonjon1979
39
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Blackout wrote:Radiator layout has clearly changed. Hence the very different sidepods/engine cover...
Looks like those comments about upright radiators was true. Seems to have allowed them to slim down the sidepods much sooner.

Gilles27Kimi7
Gilles27Kimi7
13
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Joseki wrote:
Alonsofor2017 wrote:
Joseki wrote:
It's mine too, there's a bit of McLaren in there.
hmm this is quite interesting would be good to see a comparison between the mp4-30 and sf16-h to compare/ see which one is tighter, maybe this is a sign that mclaren are going a good route in terms of aero
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CblNS4QUAAANp0A.jpg

I don't think this prove anything, we already knew the MP4-30 was a good car.
Well, it's interesting to see how the Zero-size™ concept has been implemented by Ferrari

User avatar
Juzh
454
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Yurasyk wrote:It seems, we definitely have a longer wheelbase
http://i.imgur.com/s66Wg6t.jpg
This will surely impact low speed agility, will it not?

F1ern
F1ern
3
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:19 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Yurasyk wrote:It seems, we definitely have a longer wheelbase
http://i.imgur.com/s66Wg6t.jpg
Front tyre, front and rear wing is much bigger in the SF16-H side.
Last edited by F1ern on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cmF1
26
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

Can someone please explain the benefits of having a bat wing on the role hoop?
プラスとマイナス

User avatar
turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: MountDoom CFD Matrix

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H

Post

cmF1 wrote:Can someone please explain the benefits of having a bat wing on the role hoop?
It straightens airflow toward the rear wing.
#AeroFrodo