Williams FW38 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Williams FW38 Mercedes

I am disabling voting. Meaning every vote past this post will be removed. That we have a peak votes when a car launches, ok. But very nearly every post is getting upvoted. Voting is used to highlight outstanding and contributive posts. When almost every post gets upvoted, you loose that.

I also emplore once more the person who I contacted about this in a PM, to reply on that. The latest by this evening.

Voting will be enabled again once the situation is dealt with.
#AeroFrodo

Sevach

Blackout

It's more extreme than the Merc W06 'bodywork extention'/odd flap

Scuderia1967

It's not a showcar, that's the real thing. Sidepods and their air inlets are totally new, and the rear is a W06 clone (apart from the shark fin, that is)

cmF1

turbof1 wrote:I am disabling voting. Meaning every vote past this post will be removed. That we have a peak votes when a car launches, ok. But very nearly every post is getting upvoted. Voting is used to highlight outstanding and contributive posts. When almost every post gets upvoted, you loose that.

I also emplore once more the person who I contacted about this in a PM, to reply on that. The latest by this evening.

Voting will be enabled again once the situation is dealt with.
i love it when he gets feisty 8)
プラスとマイナス

ME4ME

Looks fast! Seems like a natural step forwards with tighter bodywork, smaller inlets and more detailing in general. Lets see if they really have adressed their weaknessess. Barcelona Sector 3 might give the first indication for that.

Also noticed: No blown front axle.

cmF1

Scuderia1967 wrote:It's not a showcar, that's the real thing. Sidepods and their air inlets are totally new, and the rear is a W06 clone (apart from the shark fin, that is)
We know.... :shock:
プラスとマイナス

Scuderia1967

cmF1 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:It's not a showcar, that's the real thing. Sidepods and their air inlets are totally new, and the rear is a W06 clone (apart from the shark fin, that is)
We know.... :shock:
Lots of people don't, just read their comments. Anyway, sorry for trying to be informative

PABLOEING

the fw38 is running today in BCN.........

PhillipM

Looks like a lower rear roll centre with less anti-dive too.

skoop

LookBackTime wrote:Alberto Rodríguez ‏@Albrodpul

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbkKjAEVIAEHWY4.jpg
To me the highlighted slots in the rearwing look like reflections and not like a slot.
Am I just seeing things?

Raleigh

skoop wrote:
LookBackTime wrote:Alberto Rodríguez ‏@Albrodpul

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbkKjAEVIAEHWY4.jpg
To me the highlighted slots in the rearwing look like reflections and not like a slot.
Am I just seeing things?
It's real, teams use these small airflow conditioners on the endplates to generate some upflow on the outside of the wing, cuts down on the drag inducing vortexes from the rear wing.

Edit: realized what you mean, these are not slots (cutouts) in the wing but rather a small fence on the outside, that's why you are seeing reflections on them.
Last edited by Raleigh on 19 Feb 2016, 13:51, edited 2 times in total.