Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SR71

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Juzh wrote:
SR71 wrote:Combine that with straight line DF stalling and we might have a true rocket ship from RB.
Lol, now that I'd like to see.
You saw it last year already. Old news for RB :)

F1Krof

Somebody said the sidepods reminded them of F35 / F22's air intakes:

Seems very elegant the sidepods solution. Extremely well packaged.

F-35

RB13

F-22
Wroom wroom

PlatinumZealot

DiogoBrand wrote:
roon wrote:Found a couple photos of the RB12 & RB13 taken from a similar angle & focal length.

https://s12.postimg.org/66fbh7t59/image.jpg

https://s12.postimg.org/nxqxvo8jx/image.jpg
Strangely, what grabbed my attention the most was the shape of the sidepods.
The car had to put on some traps and neck muscle for the increased g-forces this year. :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

SR71 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
SR71 wrote:Combine that with straight line DF stalling and we might have a true rocket ship from RB.
Lol, now that I'd like to see.
You saw it last year already. Old news for RB :)
When was that? Red bull often ran low wing angles, but that didn't make them rocketships on the straights. Or do you mean overall laptime?

g70
g70

bucker wrote:So what are the options that this car was just a mule?
I am reading some articles that this car was just a test mule with which they test corelations between their simulator and on track situation. Dr. Helmut Marko said, that for them it was "not necesary" to be present in Barcelona to evaluate their car, they wanted to see where they stand with their competiton. So is it possible that they were just checking how good those simulations were, so they can now know how much they can rely on. Like some articles said, they are developing something special for Melbourne, which is not going to be so special for normal viewers Horner said. But we can expect some gains .
in the tests they have developed a wheel (rim) with fins. (I've seen the photos, but do not know where they are) It may be that the rear extract the air from the bottom?
It 's my strange idea.

JonoNic

Re: RE: Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

g70 wrote:
I am reading some articles that this car was just a test mule with which they test corelations between their simulator and on track situation. Dr. Helmut Marko said, that for them it was "not necesary" to be present in Barcelona to evaluate their car, they wanted to see where they stand with their competiton. So is it possible that they were just checking how good those simulations were, so they can now know how much they can rely on. Like some articles said, they are developing something special for Melbourne, which is not going to be so special for normal viewers Horner said. But we can expect some gains .
in the tests they have developed a wheel (rim) with fins. (I've seen the photos, but do not know where they are) It may be that the rear extract the air from the bottom?
It 's my strange idea.
Similar to the fins that Mclaren MP4-30 wheels had?

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk
Always find the gap then use it.

g70
g70

JonoNic wrote:
g70 wrote:
It 's my strange idea.
Similar to the fins that Mclaren MP4-30 wheels had?

may be, I don't know

Pierce89

Hey Juzh,
As a long time acolyte of RBR, do you believe they'll be 3rd best in Melbourne, or, do you think they'll bolt on over a seconds worth of downforce like ALOT of folks be seem to believe?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

JonoNic

seezung wrote:Not quite, see image down below:

Is there a major difference between these wheels? Besides width

Always find the gap then use it.

Juzh

Pierce89 wrote:Hey Juzh,
As a long time acolyte of RBR, do you believe they'll be 3rd best in Melbourne, or, do you think they'll bolt on over a seconds worth of downforce like ALOT of folks be seem to believe?
Acolyte :lol: :lol: nice one. My zealousness has toned down a bit, not just for red bull, but in general for any f1 team.
Since you've asked, I do in fact believe they'll be 3rd best in melbourne.

/end OT.

mattia.bobbo

JonoNic wrote:
seezung wrote:Not quite, see image down below:

http://encdn.f1i.com/wp-content/uploads ... 2017_6.jpg
Is there a major difference between these wheels? Besides width

Those are not fins, they are little squares coming out of the rim surface that are made mainly to improve the heating of the rim and the tyre. Mercedes, Ferrari and many other teams had that on the inside of the rim last year. This year with wider tyres they can extend the checkerings also on the outside of the spoke. I saw this year's Mercedes and Ferrari rims at O.Z. racing in Italy, they are really a work of art! Now I can't remember if redbull are using oz rims this year.

Flying JPS Lotus

Red Bull posted this yesterday on Instagram with the title: Putting down those finishing touches!

My first instinct is to think this picture is not the RB13 but actually last year's RB12 with the Malaysia spec cooling ducts. If that's not the case then it looks like RBR might not be running a shark fin in Melbourne and have reverted back to a single piece engine cover after not testing with one.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

roon

And the sidepod tops don't seem angled enough.

giantfan10

Pierce89 wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 19:54
Hey Juzh,
Verstappen: Red Bull "not good enough yet" to win
Max Verstappen has conceded he doesn't think Red Bull's new RB13 challenger is currently quick enough to challenge Mercedes and Ferrari at the start of the F1 2017 campaign.
"At the moment, I think both Ferrari and Mercedes will be in front of us, but hopefully we will be able to get into a rhythm, just like last year. We can do better this year, but we need to work hard in order to get there."

Thats the reality of it.. there will be no magic upgrade in Australia that will make red bull in the mix for the win.