Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
hixaxon

Re: Red Bull RB13-TAG Heuer (2017)

Similar but not the same. Look at the ends (beginnings?) of the main wing elements (sides closer to the actual nose).

krisfx

F1NAC wrote:
how will marshalls pull the car up when there is an accident? very odd launch
It's the same as they would with any other car

PlatinumZealot

Re: Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

Dont be fooled by the lack of appendages this car is a finely tuned ground effect monster.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shakeman

PlatinumZealot wrote:Dont be fooled by the lack of appendages this car is a finely tuned ground effect monster.
And if this car had Manor livery you'd never say that. The truth is you have absolutely no idea if this car is a ground effect monster at all. Youre only able to make these wild claims because the car is sporting Red Bull livery.

Just_a_fan

More importantly, all of the cars are ground effect monsters. Every F1 car is a ground effect device.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

PlatinumZealot

Kill joys!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

McMrocks

Maybe this should all go in the Speculation thread until tomorrow or Melbourne

ringo

Redbull is playing tricks. They are hiding loopholes. This car reminds me of the first blown diffuser redbull where newey put those exhuast stickers on the engine cover to trick everyone.
Wont fool us this time!
They are definitely hiding a trick barge board system.
For Sure!!

noxroxafox

Red Bull RB13 TAG Heuer

I do agree on the 'trickery' though, because it is all about blowing dust in everybody's eyes. Sort off the same thing with the 't-wing' on the merc and ferrari (of course until proven usefull).

However, the tricks aside, why change a winning philosophy? Mech grip is what the RB is all about and with the '17 regs, tires and more downforce, it can be already one of the fastest cars 'out of the box' (launch spec).. but hey, we shall now within a week

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

basti313

noxroxafox wrote:I do agree on the 'trickery' though, because it is all about blowing dust in everybody's eyes. Sort off the same thing with the 't-wing' on the merc and ferrari (of course until proven usefull).

However, the tricks aside, why change a winning philosophy? Mech grip is what the RB is all about and with the '17 regs, tires and more downforce, it can be already one of the fastest cars 'out of the box' (launch spec).. but hey, we shall now within a week

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I think this is a good point. I do not think they changed anything on their philosophy. Max floor downforce with a clean shape, less winglets, less cuts.
Plus trick suspension. What we see with the front inlet for the S-duct is in my point of view just a way to free space for the suspension.
Don`t russel the hamster!

henra

Re: Red Bull RB13 Speculation Thread

lio007 wrote:Build Quality ... hm #-o

https://i.imgur.com/K2PHsDi.png
Much more interesting is the general shape of the sidepods. They are amazing. Those are the first sidepods I've ever seen that will create almost no lift on the upper side.
They look more like a vertically oriented airfoil while normally F1 Sidepods are somewhat like a horizontal airfoil.

I don't give a flying **** which small appendages they show at launch. That will change over the season anyway. What you can't change is the general shape of the car. And in that regard this amazes me especially since the wheelbase looks to be rather short. Sidepod inlets are tiny. Everything else will follow.
The hole in the nose? Well, probably not a big thing. Maybe just there to pull attention away from other more important features.

noxroxafox

basti313 wrote:
I think this is a good point. I do not think they changed anything on their philosophy. Max floor downforce with a clean shape, less winglets, less cuts.
Plus trick suspension. What we see with the front inlet for the S-duct is in my point of view just a way to free space for the suspension.
Yes, i agree on that.

I'm not sure about the nose-inlet though. Someone posted
earlier that it was a closed 'inlet'. However I do believe it has something in common with earlier designs on the RB. Never really came into daylight what kind of true purpose it had aside from 'driver cooling'.

The art of winning, know thy competitor

henra

Looking closely at that picture it almost appears as if the device on the nose tip is (at least partrly)open towards the rear. (a bit like the chin cooler of the Hawker Tempest). Possibly they just funnel and accelerate the air towards the inlet of the S-duct. Don't think this is a really important aspect of this car, though.

JCC

ringo wrote:Redbull is playing tricks. They are hiding loopholes. This car reminds me of the first blown diffuser redbull where newey put those exhuast stickers on the engine cover to trick everyone.
Wont fool us this time!
Yeah, I remember that one. Those stickers fooled a lot of people (including me) that day. 8) :lol:
When I saw the pics of this car it was a kind of an anticlimax as I had expected so much more from RBR, but the more I look at those pics I also get the feeling that there are some trickery going on here. Is this car really their 2017 challenger, or is this actually just a mock up/launch car? It sure looks that way to me.

Kind of like a camouflaged RB12 with 2017 spec wings added.. :wtf:
Oh well, I guess that we´ll get to know soon enough.. :)

Cheers
/JC
"We're having chassis, aero and motor problems.
Other than that, things are great."

f1316

JCC wrote:
ringo wrote:Redbull is playing tricks. They are hiding loopholes. This car reminds me of the first blown diffuser redbull where newey put those exhuast stickers on the engine cover to trick everyone.
Wont fool us this time!
Yeah, I remember that one. Those stickers fooled a lot of people (including me) that day. 8) :lol:
When I saw the pics of this car it was a kind of an anticlimax as I had expected so much more from RBR, but the more I look at those pics I also get the feeling that there are some trickery going on here. Is this car really their 2017 challenger, or is this actually just a mock up/launch car? It sure looks that way to me.

Kind of like a camouflaged RB12 with 2017 spec wings added.. :wtf:
Oh well, I guess that we´ll get to know soon enough.. :)

Cheers
/JC
Given we'll know soon enough, why bother showing a fake car 1 day before showing the real car on track? Why bother showing anything at all?

It's clearly the 2017 car and, just as clearly, there's a lot more to come.

Still, I'm sure there are few here that can honestly say that they weren't expecting something more overtly, more obviously, aggressive or interesting. This car may very well be the best of them all - but that in itself only goes to show the folly of drawing too many conclusions from any launch car's photos alone; because undoubtedly this car in a different livery would be dubbed 'nothing special' by many.

Nevertheless, I equally think it's valid to base our expectations on previous experience and it's highly likely Red Bull have produced a good car.