Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
AMG.Tzan
34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

https://twitter.com/autosport/status/834724864279838725 They just said that they will have bigger bargeboards...this thing has the most wings we've seen since 2008!! :o Wow what a beast!! :shock:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

User avatar
Holm86
224
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Thunders wrote:That Bargeboard.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WJZUOWAAEOZVX.jpg
And now they serrated the front visor? :D Havent seen that before

AnthonyG
AnthonyG
47
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

bonjon1979 wrote:The driver looks so close the front axle and miles from the rear. It looks completely out of proportion.
It's the rear wing that causes this mostly. If it were higher and straight, you wouldn't get that impression so strong.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

bonjon1979
bonjon1979
39
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

All the front suspension pieces seem to have been mounted higher, I guess to allow for greater undisturbed air flow to pass underneath.

User avatar
Thunder
Moderator
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thunders wrote:That Bargeboard.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WJZUOWAAEOZVX.jpg
And now they serrated the front visor? :D Havent seen that before
Nico or Lewis had this for quite some time already.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

haza
haza
7
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Well congratulations to Mercedes AMG Petronas on winning the F1 2017 championship :D

User avatar
WaikeCU
71
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

That mirror vane is C-shaped.

Everything is just more advanced than ever... :shock:

It's just like an anime monster that evolved and starts to show its tentacles...

User avatar
Holm86
224
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Thunders wrote:
Holm86 wrote:
Thunders wrote:That Bargeboard.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WJZUOWAAEOZVX.jpg
And now they serrated the front visor? :D Havent seen that before
Nico or Lewis had this for quite some time already.
Okay, just hadnt noticed :-)

astracrazy
astracrazy
56
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

The details on this car already is immense. A different league to the Renault and Sauber.

User avatar
AMG.Tzan
34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Wow i love this kind of aero developments...complex but still slick and beautiful...nothing like Force India's mess!! But i am curious to why did all teams launched such well-developed cars?? I mean i remeber cars testing without even bargeboards or sidepod flow conditioners...this year they've gone all out! Maybe because of the late february launch they had all the time to fully develop their aero! But the question here is: why go this extend and show everything to your rivals??
Last edited by AMG.Tzan on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

k.ko100v
k.ko100v
14
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:58 am

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

Image

User avatar
Thunder
Moderator
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am
Location: Germany

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

So the official Car Thread could need an unlock. :!:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

astracrazy
astracrazy
56
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:Wow i love this kind of aero developments...complex but still slick and beautiful...nothing like Force India's mess!! But i am curious to why did all teams launched such well-developed cars?? I mean i remeber cars testing without even bargeboards or sidepod flow conditioners...this year they've gone all out! Maybe because of the late february launch they had all the time to fully develop their aero! But the question here is: why go this extend and show everything to your rivals??
And then the first test comes and you realise this in the underdeveloped version :lol:

User avatar
De Jokke
4
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 am

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:https://twitter.com/autosport/status/834724864279838725
They just said that they will have bigger bargeboards...this thing has the most wings we've seen since 2008!! :o Wow what a beast!! :shock:
epic comment! =D>
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!

KeiKo403
KeiKo403
14
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Re: Mercedes W08 Speculation Thread

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:Wow i love this kind of aero developments...complex but still slick and beautiful...nothing like Force India's mess!! But i am curious to why did all teams launched such well-developed cars?? I mean i remeber cars testing without even bargeboards or sidepod flow conditioners...this year they've gone all out! Maybe because of the late february launch they had all the time to fully develop their aero! But the question here is: why go this extend and show everything to your rivals??
I'm just hoping that this isn't everything and there's lots more to come on Monday.