McLaren MCL32 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Joseki

Re: McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread

Holm86 wrote:
Joseki wrote:I'm just a messenger guys, I'm not saying it's the factual reality for sure at 100%.
Also I don't want to ruin a friendship by spoiling "my source".
Nobody is ever "just" a messenger. You decided by yourself that the information was credible, and relevant for this forum, since you decided to post it.
For one, a totally new car has different ways to be set up to get the best out of it. Some teams struggle with set up far into the season, so how do you expect at first simulation drive to be perfect? And this isnt just at new car, its a whole new set of regulations. So IF Alonso came out of the simulator, and said he wasnt happy, thats what I would expect. It'll take many hours of simulation and set up changes before the car is somewhat dailed in on Alonsos preferences.
"McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread" is this thread called, so that's "speculation" based on what I believe it's coming from a reliable source. For sure it's more reliable than the bullshit Nugnes writes on its "articles" which is well know to be pure fantasy but it's still posted regardless in the Ferrari topics.
And again I won't say in public what are my sources and I can't even understand how someone would want name + adress posted on a online forum, which other than pretty rude and stupid it's also a crime, and I'm not a criminal. :|
You guys can check my older posts and see if on the time here I shitposted (which is pretty much what many of you are implicitly accusing me of) or I'm a pretty decent user, then if the mods have something to say I can delete the post or the account.

Paul

I'm pretty sure that address inquiry was a joke. :D This info is valuable, although it is questionable what exactly Alonso could have been unsatisfied with. Maybe your source could share some details? Without disclosing sensitive data, of course...

godlameroso

I for one believe you. Vettel has gone on record after driving the mule car, saying the tires are similar to this year but with a little more grip. That they have similar properties and is not as big a change as he expected. I can only assume Alonso shares a similar sentiment.

Also the real car isn't real yet, no 2017 power unit either. So maybe the cars are faster but they're not 5 seconds faster, which is where the disappointment stems from.
Saishū kōnā

hemichromis

Paul wrote:I'm pretty sure that address inquiry was a joke. :D This info is valuable, although it is questionable what exactly Alonso could have been unsatisfied with. Maybe your source could share some details? Without disclosing sensitive data, of course...
It was a joke but the second line wasn't.

Redragon

bauc wrote:
Joseki wrote:I was told Fernando tried the car on the simulator yesterday and he expected a better car :(
Really? Sorry but I consider this a total bullshit, a total bullshit. Some people see a post on Instagram of Fernando in front of the simulator room yesterday and right away ''sources'' say he does not like the car or he expected more.

Even if this has a slight chance to be true, super slight I might add....as people here seem to know more about Mclaren from Mclaren themselves, does this mean that Fernando does not like the car's behavior, speed or simply the car is not enough difficult and demanding to drive as was expected by the new changes.

This really belongs in the silly season thread and not here.
Also yesterday announced in front of the staff his commitment to Mclaren so why to announce his commitment if he is expecting better car after simulator, knowing that Mercedes is interested. Not much sense to me

Thunder

I'm perfectly fine with him being not satisfied at this stage of development. The Question is, was he not satisfied because the Data showed the Car should be faster? Do they know why (PU, Aero Package as mentioned) and have fixes for it? Or was it just an overall constructive critisism to push development in the right direction?

We need more Details. :mrgreen:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

turbof1

Thunders wrote: We need more Details. :mrgreen:
Well, it is the speculation thread for a reason :lol: .
#AeroFrodo

Farfar

Well, Alonso is bored about the actual F1 cars. He said many times he will continue after 2017 only if new cars are exciting again. Maybe he expected a better 2017 F1 car

hollowBallistix

bauc wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
Joseki wrote:I know the source and it's reliable (since it's the same source that said after Silverstone that the MP4-31 had rear suspension problems), so I kinda trust it. They are still simulating with the 2016 Honda unit and with a not final aero spec tho.
If the source is credible then why not giving it here? Also bauc and Paul are correct. What can you know from an early sim test, with completely new regs and no idea what other teams are doing?

Also, the rear suspension thing was quite obvious wasn't it? I think it was well "claimed" from early on. (Monaco for example)
Exactly true, as there is no reference to compare with.
Yes there is, this years cars.....

Would be rather disappointing to find that the 2017 McLaren is performing on par with say a 2016 Mercedes given the "estimated" improvement in lap-time performance from the new regulations....

Paul

I'd expect 2016 McLaren with 2017 tyres alone to be faster than 2016 Merc, so yes, that would be a disaster and Alonso would rip his contract immediately.

f1316

Did we ever find out Mclaren's fuel/lubricants supplier? Was BP/ Castrol confirmed?

Seems pretty fundamental - sorry if I missed this.

bauc

f1316 wrote:Did we ever find out Mclaren's fuel/lubricants supplier? Was BP/ Castrol confirmed?

no news yet on this subject
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

f1316

bauc wrote:
f1316 wrote:Did we ever find out Mclaren's fuel/lubricants supplier? Was BP/ Castrol confirmed?

Wow. Given the performance difference we're told (by the fuel companies) that fuels are making in this era, you'd think they'd need to get this done ASAP.

Unless they'll actually just continue using Mobil for now (and Red Bull will actually continue using Total) which would make more sense for consistency; but surely contracts won't allow for this?

Weird one to change (mainly on Red Bull side) if you ask me.

kaepernickus

f1316 wrote:
bauc wrote:Wow. Given the performance difference we're told (by the fuel companies) that fuels are making in this era, you'd think they'd need to get this done ASAP.
There being no news for the public doesn't mean they don't know what fuel they will use themselves.

RicME85

Re: RE: Re: McLaren MP4-32 Speculation Thread

f1316 wrote:
bauc wrote:

Wow. Given the performance difference we're told (by the fuel companies) that fuels are making in this era, you'd think they'd need to get this done ASAP.

Unless they'll actually just continue using Mobil for now (and Red Bull will actually continue using Total) which would make more sense for consistency; but surely contracts won't allow for this?

Weird one to change (mainly on Red Bull side) if you ask me.
As pointed out in the Honda PU thread, just because the decal is on the car doesn't mean the product is in the car.