https://twitter.com/ams_formula1/status ... 6491981824
Summary (with some Google translate help):
- Up to GP Azerbaijan, Williams was one of the hot candidates in the battle for fourth place in the Constructors' World Cup. In GP Austria the racing team from Grove brought a big aero upgrade. And ever since, Williams disappeared in the No man's land. Achieving the Q2 was already a success. From 4 races there were only 8 points. But also because the cars with the Martini strip ran better on Sunday than on Saturday.
- There are no reasonable explanations for the uphill and downhill run. Neither for the four races in the sinking, nor for the highlight in Monza. "The only explanation I can offer is that the course of Monza came to meet us," smiles Massa embarrassed. "But the same should have been true for Spa."
- Williams broke over many unsolved questions in the past few weeks. Did the Aero upgrade play a role? A comparison test in Hungary showed that the new aerodynamics worked better than the old ones.
Maybe not to the extent was expected, but better anyway.
- Were there any mistakes in the vehicle tuning? "If your car on fresh tires does not bring the roundness that it should bring, you are already playing something more with the setup. But by and large, the car's tuning is not our problem, "says Massa.
- The drivers were not even able to give the engineers any decisive information. "The car does not feel so bad at all. It was also well balanced in the four bad races. We were just too slow, "Massa regretted. The only conclusion: "Maybe our opponents have developed better than us."
- In Monza suddenly everything was as before. Both drivers qualified for the Q3. Lance Stroll even started from the front row. For the first time in years, the Williams have made a good figure again in the rain. And they held their good form on the day of the race. Lance Stroll and Felipe Massa finished 10 points.
- The fact that both drivers drove effortlessly into the top 10 of the starting grid in the rain was nevertheless a surprise. When asked how this was possible, Massa shrugged, "We do not know."
- Chief Operations Officer Rob Smedley said: "Our Friday prognosis predicted us 6 and 7 for a dry run. It was also a surprise for us that we were even stronger in the rain. The drivers had confidence in their car from the first lap. "
- The result on Sunday confirmed the simulations for a dry Saturday. Williams landed on places 7 and 8.
"We were a bit faster than Force India. Without a little problem with Stroll's boxing stop, we might have passed Ocon and then stayed in front of him. But we take the 10 points as they come.