Force India VJM10 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Cuky

Re: Force India VJM10 Mercedes

sharkfin looks like they went to the WEC race and took it from one of LMP1 cars. And I like that, it is there to do the job and if simple gets it done why complicate it

GPR-A duplicate2

1158 wrote:Is this just a shadow? I haven't seen any other pics of that section from a different angle.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t268 ... gzkxpt.jpg
That seems like a tunnel ! Intriguing!

tpe
tpe

GPR-A wrote:
1158 wrote:Is this just a shadow? I haven't seen any other pics of that section from a different angle.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t268 ... gzkxpt.jpg
That seems like a tunnel ! Intriguing!
I think that both Sauber and Renault have it. In Sauber it looks like it's covered though. Take a close look in the pictures. I asked the same thing in the other threads.

Thunder

Shot from behind:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

MercAMGF1Fans

Thunders wrote:Shot from behind:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5RrWpoWYAAzw8f.jpg
Same exhaust/wastgate pipes as we saw in the merc fire up video

bosyber

I am not sure because the sidepods seem quite rounded from several angles, but from a frontal birds-view, it seems that perhaps FI is the first team to broaden the sidepods at the front top, using the extra width allowed, in order to narrow them more going back.

roon

Thunders wrote:Shot from behind:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5RrWpoWYAAzw8f.jpg
Lots of rake, and the downforce doesn't seem to be working.

Frafer

Well...

"I will miss Gilles for two reasons. First, he was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing. Second, he was the most genuine man I have ever known. But he has not gone. The memory of what he has done, what he achieved, will always be there." J. Scheckter

roon

-Almost full-width sidepods, as holm86 alluded to.
-Front wing clearly delineated between sections in front of wheel and sections inboard-of. Resultingly, the outboard vortex tunnel is wider.

diego.liv

It seems the T-tray through the left (right if driving) nostril

SectorOne

roon wrote:-Almost full-width sidepods, as holm86 alluded to.
Which is probably tied to the headrest design. Something moved down and to the side?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dren

Wider diffuser as the rules allow. Vortex generators on the edge of the diffuser ramp.
Honda!

Blackout

turbof1 wrote:
ScottB wrote:Interesting nose, can't tell, are the 'darker' bits funnelling air under the car, into an S Duct style system or just up over the top of the body?

Guess the big hump vanity panel might be covering where an S Duct opening could go?

Turning vanes are interesting too, and the front wing. Quite a 'different' interpretation of the rules than what we've seen so far...
If I had to guess, this bump has hydraulic suspension parts underneath.
Or the bump is just the byproduct of a very high monocoque and a very short/drooping nose... :?:
Last edited by Blackout on 22 Feb 2017, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Blackout

Last edited by Blackout on 22 Feb 2017, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Big Mangalhit

Blackout wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
ScottB wrote:Interesting nose, can't tell, are the 'darker' bits funnelling air under the car, into an S Duct style system or just up over the top of the body?

Guess the big hump vanity panel might be covering where an S Duct opening could go?

Turning vanes are interesting too, and the front wing. Quite a 'different' interpretation of the rules than what we've seen so far...
If I had to guess, this bump has hydraulic suspension parts underneath.
Or the bump is just the byproduct of a very high monocoque and a very short nose... :?:
And yet they didn't put the S-duct they had there last year, and that every other team is adding this year. Maybe they needed space for the added hydraulic part?