Sauber C36 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
WaikeCU

Re: Sauber C36 Ferrari

Anyone noticed, the diffuser is not visible on the pictures? I think Sauber maybe has something up their sleeves regarding that area.

Juzh

WaikeCU wrote:Anyone noticed, the diffuser is not visible on the pictures? I think Sauber maybe has something up their sleeves regarding that area.
Everyone does probably.

Thunder

Looks like a Dummy, as usual with Car Launches.
https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/8 ... 4360562688
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

FrukostScones

looks deleted
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

f1fanatics

AMG.Tzan

So long cars...they eclipse the wider track! And I expect Red Bull and Mercedes to be even longer! Thumb noses and shark fins also there...Formula One just can't get back on track with nice designs! And I was so hyped for this season...hopefully they look much better on track because launch cars have a history of looking somewhat awkward!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Scuderia1967

ME4ME wrote:Livery aside, I don't agree with some comments that the car looks "basic" and is "disappointing". Actually if you look closely there a lot of highly refined details on the car. It's a huge step forward for Sauber and you can clearly see they spend a lot of development time on it. I'm quite impressed.
It surely looks disappointing to me, but in a general "are these 2017 cars the agressive beasts we were promised?" kind of disappointment.
Having said that, the car indeed has some interesting details, namely the deflectors on the sides of the cockpit protection, the bargeboards and the rear wing. But I still don't get why on Earth did they resurrect the Mercedes W01 airbox. It didn't work then, why would it work now, 7 years later?

FrukostScones

looks like covered pull-rod (or shrouded)
floor with ridge to diff rw gap

ScrewCaptain27

Sauber C36 Ferrari

Scuderia1967 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:Livery aside, I don't agree with some comments that the car looks "basic" and is "disappointing". Actually if you look closely there a lot of highly refined details on the car. It's a huge step forward for Sauber and you can clearly see they spend a lot of development time on it. I'm quite impressed.
It surely looks disappointing to me, but in a general "are these 2017 cars the agressive beasts we were promised?" kind of disappointment.
Having said that, the car indeed has some interesting details, namely the deflectors on the sides of the cockpit protection, the bargeboards and the rear wing. But I still don't get why on Earth did they resurrect the Mercedes W01 airbox. It didn't work then, why would it work now, 7 years later?
I'd say the split airbox is for packaging reasons (sidepods are rather small in fact).
It didn't work well on the Merc as it reduces air pressure going into the engine and consequently engine power (with a NA engine). The turbo engine should suffer much less.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

iotar__

SlickF1 wrote:Shark fin looks looks awful, i think the reason of not banning it is for the purpose of nice and flat advertisement space.
- Dimensions/safety
- Sauber must be advertising black space then ;-), finding sponsors in the usual places is the issue, not lack of space on an F1 car

gandharva

Already lots of detail for a launch spec.

Last edited by gandharva on 20 Feb 2017, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

Shrieker

That horrid looking nose is still there... Oh god :sick:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Holm86

It doesnt look like its got the raised leading edge of the floor like the Williams??

FrukostScones

Holm86 wrote:It doesnt look like its got the raised leading edge of the floor like the Williams??
I think this is only artefact illusion inherent of the rendering.
maybe I was wrong...
Last edited by FrukostScones on 20 Feb 2017, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Removed some livery talk. Please keep it clean guys.
#AeroFrodo