Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
aral
aral
Moderator
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

all the comparison photos are taken from different angles so it is difficult to compare them. allowing for the different angles, i cannot see any difference (apart from the airbox photos, of course!)

Sevach
Sevach
856
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Image

Image

User avatar
JonoNic
11
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

aral wrote:all the comparison photos are taken from different angles so it is difficult to compare them. allowing for the different angles, i cannot see any difference (apart from the airbox photos, of course!)
Vettel had the other airbox at the last race.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

User avatar
ScrewCaptain27
553
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Cooling ears confirmed for Suzuka:
Image
Bare chassis:
Image
Source: AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Sevach
Sevach
856
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
ScrewCaptain27
553
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Details via AMuS:
Image
Image
Image
Image
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

User avatar
zioture
398
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 am
Location: Italy

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Video comparison new wishbones vs old Ferrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mAfWfqPrAo

mantaque
mantaque
6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Photo taken at Suzuka FP1, 2017
Image

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni
19
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

mantaque wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm
Photo taken at Suzuka FP1, 2017
https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A7B8242


Awesome photo but damn that front nose. Come on FIA fix the regulations so we can get proper good looking noses back on the cars again.

cplchanb
cplchanb
5
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

digitalrurouni wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 pm
mantaque wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:14 pm
Photo taken at Suzuka FP1, 2017
https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A7B8242


Awesome photo but damn that front nose. Come on FIA fix the regulations so we can get proper good looking noses back on the cars again.
ugggghhhh....just hate that chisel nose thumb nose. at least it isnt as bad as the vacuum cleaner nose from 2014

User avatar
Morteza
2187
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Ferrari drivers run different rearwing specs in FP3. Kimi version generating more downforce than Vettels "spoon"-wing.

Image
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
MtthsMlw
803
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Seems like they're finally using the diffuser which was tested in Hungary

[media]https://twitter.com/LuisFeF1/status/921030405796585473[/media]

f300v10
f300v10
176
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 pm
Seems like they're finally using the diffuser which was tested in Hungary
Clearly new, but also different to the one tested in Hungary I think. Hard to tell from this angle, but the center section looks wider and flatter than the one testing in Hungary, which came to more of a point.

USA
Image

Hungary test
Image

f300v10
f300v10
176
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

Ferrari still playing with the tire squirt floor edge cutouts, down to 5 this time and they look to have a different profile:

Image

User avatar
MtthsMlw
803
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Post

f300v10 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:39 pm
MtthsMlw wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:00 pm
Seems like they're finally using the diffuser which was tested in Hungary
Clearly new, but also different to the one tested in Hungary I think. Hard to tell from this angle, but the center section looks wider and flatter than the one testing in Hungary, which came to more of a point.

USA
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMgho6CVAAEuchz.jpg

Hungary test
https://imgr4.auto-motor-und-sport.de/C ... 108807.jpg
Yes you're right. I wonder why they didn't introduce it earlier.