Toro Rosso STR12 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
f1rules

Re: Toro Rosso STR12 Renault

Albert Fabrega ES‏@AlbertFabrega 3h3 hours ago
More
James Key" la extensión del punto pivote del trapecio superior delantero tiene ventajas cinemática d suspensiones pero también aero"
Translated from Spanish by Bing Wrong translation?
"James Key" the extension of the upper trapezius pivot point forward has advantages kinematics of suspension but also aero "
0 replies 19 retweets 24 likes

Enstone

Looks so small, really gorgeous my favorite so far, then come the Renault and the Ferrari/Haas ex-aequo imo !

TR show us that it's possible to make a car which is not based on a boat/ferry.

Hope this Renault PU will fit it really well and will be reliable as well ! :)
Last edited by Enstone on 26 Feb 2017, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Holm86

Re: Toro Rosso STR12 Renault (subject to change)

Tim.Wright wrote:
Holm86 wrote: No, the top point is mounted behind the lower point, this is positive caster angle, and that does increase negative camber when turning.
You achieve higher KPI by having the top mount further inward than the lower mounting point. That would also make to increase the KPI to reduce the scrubbing of the new wider tires ...
That's exactly that I said:
Tim.Wright wrote:If you want negative camber angle on the outer wheel you need to minimise the kpi and increase the caster angle.
KPI does the opposite of caster in terms of camber angle though.
Oh yeah, missed that part ☺️ but to me it does look like it had a big positive caster angle, at least the merc, i Cant really see on the STR

Manoah2u

Re: Toro Rosso STR12 Renault (subject to change)

nevill3 wrote:http://image1.redbull.com/rbx00593/0010 ... 7_cov1.jpg

Image from the Toro Rosso website
most beautiful car of the field hands down.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

popovic94

Is it just me, or new car looks shorter even than last years car? Like the wheelbase is shorter than any other car for about 200-300mm?
"Whoever you are, no matter what social position you have, rich or poor, always show great strength and determination, and always do everything with much love and deep faith in God. One day you will reach your goal." Ayrton Senna

ltitus8900

THRAK wrote:ToroRosso intuiting a similar front suspension layout as Mercedes' one shows another time they are top level at innovation. In the last years they set so many trends (exhaust-through RW pylon, RW endplates, huge multifonctional airscope way before Merc did, FW cascade design... ). I bet the sidepods inlets are another smart way of making profit of the new regulations (as Ferrari did, but in a totally different fashion). Add the drastic reduction of the sidepods exits compared to previous racers, and here we have a very neat and impressive car. =D>

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zqzvhi.jpg

Yea. I expect them to surprise. Waiting to see what they'll bring to the table tomorrow.

Manoah2u

look at that front wing btw!

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

wuzak

popovic94 wrote:Is it just me, or new car looks shorter even than last years car? Like the wheelbase is shorter than any other car for about 200-300mm?
Their car last year was possibly the longest. SO it would not surprise me if this one is shorter.

ringo

Beautiful and clean clutter free design.
Best looking car so far. This is what the regulations intended!

The car is on the right path. its lacking some of the excess we have seen with the others, but it appears to be very light and focussed. This car looks like it will have one of the better top speeds. Its just so clean.
For Sure!!

jagunx51

............!!!!

GPR-A duplicate2

Is this the way James Key is telling Mercedes, if I can design a "Silver Bull", so similar to W08, I can design a "Silver Arrow" as well? =P~

roadie

I'm intrigued by the lower part of the sidepod beneath the air intake. Seems there is something a little unusual there.

i70q7m7ghw

Beautiful. How 2017 should look. Quite a well developed car for old Minardi team =D>

Vasconia

Interesting FR+nose+ sideposts. Rest of the car looks more simple but clean and well designed. I guess they hide some aspects of the car like RB does. Anyway I like how it looks.