McLaren MCL33 Speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
daren_p
daren_p

Re: McLaren MCL33 Speculation thread

That Williams rear wing is a wing they ran in testing back in 16 I believe. It is not allowed under the current regulations, it was just something they did to simulate additional downforce when testing.

They have already said expect the car to basically look like the 17 car during testing & the bigger upgrade package will come for Melbourne.....

GoranF1
GoranF1

It's normal wing whit DRS flaps dismantled.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 pm
adrianjordan wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm
I don't think that's the rear wing. It didn't look that high on the shots of the car under the tarpaulin. Maybe some sort of mount or stand of something though...
dude, that's a williams rear wing.

the garage shot suggests it looks like that actual williams wing.
Dude? Really??

Anyhow, I wasn't talking about the Williams wing. I thought it was obvious that I was talking about the grainy spy shot of the McLaren garage.
In 2007 I had the chance to go to a meet-and-greet with an F1 test driver. I decided not to as I didn't think he'd even amount to much...he was the BMW Sauber test driver and his name was Sebastian Vettel...