Williams FW41 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
oetger

Re: Williams FW41 Mercedes

Williams T-bar

Tattoo-

oetger wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 15:05
http://soymotor.com/sites/default/files ... -t-bar.jpg

Williams T-bar
It's more like Y-bar

"There are only three sports: bull fighting, car racing and mountain climbing. The rest are mere games!" - Ernest Hemingway

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JDC123

I'm not sure if this has been discussed at the cars launch, but has anymore considered the significant amount of unpainted carbon around the sidepod intakes and lower chassis might be a way of Williams trying to reduce weight in anyway possible, if their car is overweight/close to the weight limit. I imagine carbon fibre takes much more white paint to cover than other colours.

timbo

JDC123 wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 21:27
I'm not sure if this has been discussed at the cars launch, but has anymore considered the significant amount of unpainted carbon around the sidepod intakes and lower chassis might be a way of Williams trying to reduce weight in anyway possible, if their car is overweight/close to the weight limit. I imagine carbon fibre takes much more white paint to cover than other colours.
MIght be, Ferrari did this in 2014.

ESPImperium

timbo wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 21:38
JDC123 wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 21:27
MIght be, Ferrari did this in 2014.
Ferrari, Caterham and now Williams have done this now. Red, Green and White are the three heaviest paint colours, according to what i remember i read in 2014. Greyscale, Black and shades of yellow/orange are the lightest with blues being mid weight. Caterham saved 14kg on their car by swiping to a vinyl wrap, and Ferrari saved about 8Kg as paint can add up to 25Kg on some cars. Loosing some paint will save the team a tenth, but all marginal gains will be greatly taken at Williams until they get their new carbon gearbox late on in the season, if not next year as this is where Williams will see the largest gain in lap time when they get it.

Sevach

Morteza

Burnt bodywork again

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SiLo

Day 4 wing with higher AoA as well?
Felipe Baby!

ScrewCaptain27

According to AMuS, it is not a new nose. The black finish is just a tribute to an Autosport journalist who died last night.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Francesc

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
09 Mar 2018, 21:46
According to AMuS, it is not a new nose. The black finish is just a tribute to an Autosport journalist who died last night.
How can it be for a tribute when the nose was already seen yesterday with this colour scheme?

Webber2011

Can any of you guys tell me please ?
What is the yellow thing on the front wing photo ?

It looks a bit line a ribbon of some sort.

Thanks