Scuderia Ferrari SF72H Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mika vs michael

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF72H Speculation Thread

Radical drive shaft? Maybe radical floor acting as a cooling device?
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Nonserviam85

I really loved the downvote message I got for my off-topic comment! It seems it is very difficult for some people to understand the point of having separate topics...

cramr

mika vs michael wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 16:21
Radical drive shaft? Maybe radical floor acting as a cooling device?
That never works for mainly 2 reasons:
- Yes floor is big but surface area is nothing compared to the surface area you cover with current radiators. This without mentioning that the flow is parallel to the "cooler"
- Risk is very high. You can have a small touch that breaks a bit of the floor and keep running in a "decent" pace. If you have pipes in there and they break because of impact that's a DNF straight away

wuzak

I was hoping that one team figure it would be better to use a narrower wing with some in-wash than to use the wide front wing with limited out-wash.

DiogoBrand

wuzak wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 04:01
I was hoping that one team figure it would be better to use a narrower wing with some in-wash than to use the wide front wing with limited out-wash.
Are you saying you hope in-wash was better, or that you know it is better and hope some team would figure that out?

If it's the second option, I'd say you're mad. I'm quite sure that option was already considered and discarded.

wuzak

I hoped that in-wash would be better and that a team would work it out. Because the narrower wing would look better.

Definitely the in-wash wasn't as good as the out-wash designs, but they don't have nearly as much out-wash in 2019 as in the past few seasons.

I also have to say that I didn't expect that it would happen.

godlameroso

wuzak wrote:
27 Jan 2019, 14:26
I hoped that in-wash would be better and that a team would work it out. Because the narrower wing would look better.

Definitely the in-wash wasn't as good as the out-wash designs, but they don't have nearly as much out-wash in 2019 as in the past few seasons.

I also have to say that I didn't expect that it would happen.
So removing the neutral center section?
Saishū kōnā

PhillipM

You'd be mad to narrow the wing een if you were using in-wash - you get less area for ground effect, less influence when the wheels are steered and more drag from not lofting the air over the tyres.

mani517

If that is the case, Ferrari should be given an award for consistency in the naming department...

TimmTurbo

Looking forward seeing the new Red. I actually liked the dark red of 2007. The red of the early 2000‘s was quite vibrant at least looking on it live. Something new would be nice

I heard all of the teams will only publish launch renderings this year. I guess we won’t so much details until the first day in Barcelona

dsdevries

Why can’t they just make them Rosso Corsa... My Tv is calibrated to rec.2020 and is perfectly capable of displaying the car colors true to life. I don’t want to look at those bright oversaturated circus cars they are making lately. Especially the Rossa Scuderia of 2018 is just plane uggly! Please Ferrari, make your cars Ferrari Red again!

BwajSF

TimmTurbo wrote:
28 Jan 2019, 19:01
Looking forward seeing the new Red. I actually liked the dark red of 2007. The red of the early 2000‘s was quite vibrant at least looking on it live. Something new would be nice

I heard all of the teams will only publish launch renderings this year. I guess we won’t so much details until the first day in Barcelona
Yup that has always been the case.
showing the absolute basic floor and basic car design on launch day.. and come barcelona the car rolls out with the absolute parts that provides meaning for evaluation and later performance..

f1316

But it’s not accurate to say there’ll only be renders released - Ferrari for one have said they’re holding a launch event this year in front of a small number of journalists, so it will include a real car.

I’m sure that car will feature simplistic wings and seek to hide some of the key details but ever twas it thus.

adrianjordan

f1316 wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 13:21
But it’s not accurate to say there’ll only be renders released - Ferrari for one have said they’re holding a launch event this year in front of a small number of journalists, so it will include a real car.

I’m sure that car will feature simplistic wings and seek to hide some of the key details but ever twas it thus.
Likewise McLaren are holding a launch event.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️