Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LM10

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Dream Theater wrote:
23 May 2019, 20:59
ferkan wrote:
23 May 2019, 15:48
Funny how Alfa and STR look so strong considering their FW design :?
That's because you're assuming that all problems that Ferrari is facing are coming solely from the front wing design, without having any proof that supports this hypothesis.
Of course it isn't just the front wing. If it was, Alfa with the most extreme version of it would have major problems which they don't seem to have.
Another sign showing that this front wing concept can't be that catastrophic is that McLaren has brought an updated Ferrari-style front wing to Barcelona 2 weeks ago.

MtthsMlw

Good article finally some insights.
No change in FW concept.
Can't put enough heat in the tyres.
Car too efficient. (not enough DF)

"We need to develop the car. We need to improve, so there may be changes on the front suspension yes, as we may change aero, as you may change cooling. But I don't think that in the suspension itself there is something of principle that is wrong."

I hope they go for a different concept next year after moving to a efficient one in 2018 to one mostly favoring DF not caring too much about drag. Lack of maximum DF also hindered them last year.

hollus

Stop the nonsense now, please. The posts have been removed.
They were wild but even more important, way off topic. This is the car threads, only posts about the cars, please.
Crazy conspiracy theories, if they must be discussed at all, in the team threads or in dedicated threads.
Rivals, not enemies.

mmred

Vettel / Leclerc
Our tyre temp window is too narrow
Binotto
The problem is not the suspension but the tyres

Full interviews in Italian

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/f ... 902a.shtml

falonso81

The shape of the shark-fin has changed since Spain.

SiLo

mmred wrote:
24 May 2019, 09:04
Vettel / Leclerc
Binotto

The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Felipe Baby!

santos

SiLo wrote:
24 May 2019, 10:48
mmred wrote:
Vettel / Leclerc
Binotto

The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.

Ringleheim

santos wrote:
24 May 2019, 11:00
SiLo wrote:
mmred wrote:
Vettel / Leclerc
Binotto

Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.
Thank you! The current way F1 is regulated and run has deteriorated the sport down to an aerodynamic add-on arms race with all effort going toward "making the tires work".

It's boring! And since when has tire performance been about a "window" blah blah blah?

Pirelli has done a horrible job with their F1 tires, just as they do with their road car tires (!) and the tires are way too temperamental.

I'm not sure why people enjoy artificial racing revolving around "tire strategy" which is now at the heart of F1. It's boring.

Remember when there was only 1 type of tire given to everyone in the race? And they had unlimited engine development? And they could bring 9 to a race weekend if they wanted to?

As a huge Ferrari fan, if Mr. Binotto can't figure out how to make the "tire window" a lot bigger and soon, he needs to be shown the door along with his ridiculous "mad scientist" hair cut!

:lol: :lol:

wickedz50

Ringleheim wrote:
24 May 2019, 11:11
santos wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Thank you! The current way F1 is regulated and run has deteriorated the sport down to an aerodynamic add-on arms race with all effort going toward "making the tires work".

It's boring! And since when has tire performance been about a "window" blah blah blah?

Pirelli has done a horrible job with their F1 tires, just as they do with their road car tires (!) and the tires are way too temperamental.

I'm not sure why people enjoy artificial racing revolving around "tire strategy" which is now at the heart of F1. It's boring.

Remember when there was only 1 type of tire given to everyone in the race? And they had unlimited engine development? And they could bring 9 to a race weekend if they wanted to?

As a huge Ferrari fan, if Mr. Binotto can't figure out how to make the "tire window" a lot bigger and soon, he needs to be shown the door along with his ridiculous "mad scientist" hair cut!

I feel Binotto understands exactly what the issue is, they are not willing to speak it openly, some work must be already going on at the research table or the factory. They need something to blame and that's where tyre comes in, Ferrari cannot publicly throw away 2019 season, they will put up a show that makes and keeps fans interested. Ferrari has screwed up big and there is no quick solution here. No good sim driver, no good development driver and plus putting Leclarc against Vettel. Too much unwanted pressure brought over on everyone.

mmred

Ringleheim wrote:
24 May 2019, 11:11
santos wrote:
SiLo wrote:

i think the interview is more a message to Pirelli "that every year makes the tires according some team request more than others", just guessing

voltmod

I think the Mercedes team, did a fantastic job with their suspension system, invested enough, but Ferrari, although they developed a concept like that even before Mercedes did, if i am correct, they dropped it, because Kimi didn't like it... go figure...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0J12yIhcz

matteosc

mmred wrote:
24 May 2019, 17:45
i think the interview is more a message to Pirelli "that every year makes the tires according some team request more than others", just guessing
Also, every year Pirelli claims that they widen the tire window and every year turns out to be as narrow and as problematic as the year before. And this is true for every team (in particular for Ferrari this year).

mmred

voltmod wrote:
24 May 2019, 19:47
I think the Mercedes team, did a fantastic job with their suspension system, invested enough, but Ferrari, although they developed a concept like that even before Mercedes did, if i am correct, they dropped it, because Kimi didn't like it... go figure...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0J12yIhcz
It wasn't Kimi, they had a rule ban... Now the Merc solution should be different... Otherwise I don't understand rules

siskue2005

ferkan wrote:
23 May 2019, 15:48
Funny how Alfa and STR look so strong considering their FW design :?
I am not saying that the front wing is the only problem, ... but I also dont see STR or Alfa beating Ferrari or Mercedes