Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
bill shoe
236
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by bill shoe » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Ferrari dominate the straights, and RB dominate the tight stuff. Why don't Ferrari and RB join forces next year with a joint program of Ferrari engines and RB chassis? They would dominate Merc, and Ferrari and RB would each have a 50% chance of winning the championship. That's clearly better odds than they have now.

MtthsMlw
690
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by MtthsMlw » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:10 pm

bill shoe wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Ferrari dominate the straights, and RB dominate the tight stuff. Why don't Ferrari and RB join forces next year with a joint program of Ferrari engines and RB chassis? They would dominate Merc, and Ferrari and RB would each have a 50% chance of winning the championship. That's clearly better odds than they have now.
I think they'll converge a bit anyways. Ferrari looking for more DF and RB for a bit of drag reduction.
Though this year the car with the most DF but also a lot of drag was the best package.

LM10
59
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by LM10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:08 pm

MtthsMlw wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Sevach wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:40 pm
In todays low grip conditions both drivers ended up using full downforce.
I think they'll stick with it, tyre deg was quite high and they lost a lot in the corners already.
https://i.redd.it/zqeas6dfszy31.jpg
via f1ingenerale.com
What I’m interested in now is this same illustration for Q3. I’m curious if that usual outacceleration of the Ferraris is still there. If yes, it’ll again be a hard task finding out, if Ferrari lost anything. Because their acceleration has been what differentiated them from others.

Leclerc’s fastest S2 time was only 7 hundreds slower than Verstappen’s S2 time which was the fastest overall. Ferrari totally was in the mix in that slow speed stuff.

hollus
Moderator
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by hollus » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:13 pm

You’ll find your answer in the race thread(where it belongs), where juzh just posted a side to side comparison for Q3.

Edit: RB thread, see below ...takes foot out of mouth...
It is not white, it is not black, it is probably gray.

Sevach
811
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by Sevach » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 pm

At least with fresh tires Ferrari can stay with the best through the slow bits, provided they use the bigger RW available.

Red Bull somehow is looking a lot more powerful recently, are they obfuscating with their accusations?

LM10
59
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by LM10 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:28 pm

hollus wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:13 pm
You’ll find your answer in the race thread(where it belongs), where juzh just posted a side to side comparison for Q3.
Thanks for informing me. Juzh posted the videos in the Redbull team thread, though.

dtro
3
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by dtro » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Ferrari fuel system seized by the FIA, anybody privy to what the consequences would be of foul play? RB P2 in the Championship?

MtthsMlw
690
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by MtthsMlw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

dtro wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Ferrari fuel system seized by the FIA, anybody privy to what the consequences would be of foul play? RB P2 in the Championship?
Should they find something not compliant with the regulations they might get disqualified from the Brazil GP.
Not that that matters..

subcritical71
72
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: USA-Florida

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by subcritical71 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:52 pm

MtthsMlw wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm
dtro wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Ferrari fuel system seized by the FIA, anybody privy to what the consequences would be of foul play? RB P2 in the Championship?
Should they find something not compliant with the regulations they might get disqualified from the Brazil GP.
Not that that matters..
Is that a conspiracy?! :P

saviour stivala
-13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by saviour stivala » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm

Not only conspiracy but conspiracy at its best. The so called fuel parts said to have been sized by the FIA are fuel parts that the FIA has approved for use.

aral
Moderator
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by aral » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 pm

dtro wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm
Ferrari fuel system seized by the FIA, anybody privy to what the consequences would be of foul play? RB P2 in the Championship?
If it is true, then you will know that RBR has also had parts of their pu seized too. Both teams that are outperforming Merc at present.................

subcritical71
72
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Location: USA-Florida

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by subcritical71 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 pm

saviour stivala wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm
Not only conspiracy but conspiracy at its best. The so called fuel parts said to have been sized by the FIA are fuel parts that the FIA has approved for use.
So if they are indeed investigating I would assume the thought is the parts have been changed in some way. Or why else would they seize parts that they themselves already approved?

saviour stivala
-13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by saviour stivala » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 pm

If they are investigating yes. but only if they are investigating.

dtro
3
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by dtro » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:00 pm

saviour stivala wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:43 pm
Not only conspiracy but conspiracy at its best. The so called fuel parts said to have been sized by the FIA are fuel parts that the FIA has approved for use.
Teams always divulge information to the FIA. The FIA wouldn't have a reasonable basis for seizing any team's car, ever, nah. The FIA completely trusts the teams to divulge the finer details of their cars thereby leaving them without a doubt in their minds with regards to the legality of this or that system.

It took how long to catch on to Renault's automatic brake bias adjustment? If it weren't for a Renault employee jumping ship to RP we still wouldn't know about that.

Guess we'll see in the coming weeks the results of this investigation.

saviour stivala
-13
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post by saviour stivala » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 pm

what investigation, what are they investigating, they are investigating as per who's official complain?