Renault F1 R.S. 19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ScrewCaptain27

Re: Renault F1 R.S. 19

Albert Fábrega: “The Renault’s bargeboard area is crazy!”
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Blackout

Not crazier than the others, but the multiple vanes behind the big bb + the small bb are unique to the RS.19 AFAIK

gosswilliams75

LA RENAULT A MELBOURNE

PhillipM

The Renault DRS system is still fluttering up and down on the straights - doesn't look good, if nothing else it must be going past the limits for opening.

rayden

that was just the shadows from the fencing near that braking zone.

Morteza

Via AMuS

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PowerandtheGlory

Neno wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 13:36
Heavy garbage this car is. That's my technical expertise.
Certainly a disappointing quali. The possibility that the mclaren is faster with the same engine, will start to put pressure on the hierarchy at Renault. Hope they figure out the car.. MERC domination in the engine department...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

MtthsMlw

via motorsport.com

carisi2k

Disappointing but considering the trouble Renault had with both cars on Friday it isn't surprising. I was surprised that neither Renault improved on their second run in Q2. It looks like they can't turn the tyre on for a single lap. Maybe the race will be better.

ringo

I'm not worried. The car looks good on the track. It may be a matter of tweaking the setup to get more out of it. I don't think Mclaren is a league ahead.
The bigger challenge is the Haas, that is strewn with Ferrari 2019 parts. They seem to be out of reach for Renault.
For Sure!!

carisi2k

The Renault twitter feed also mentioned that both guys got traffic on their final runs which they both seemed to have suffered from the whole weekend.

Blackout

Just noticed this new vane

Edit: Thanks for that pic MtthsMlw

carisi2k

ringo wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 04:32
I'm not worried. The car looks good on the track. It may be a matter of tweaking the setup to get more out of it. I don't think Mclaren is a league ahead.
The bigger challenge is the Haas, that is strewn with Ferrari 2019 parts. They seem to be out of reach for Renault.
Except it didn't look good on the track. Martin brundle said as much on friday saying that probably only mclaren, racing point and williams were worse through the quick s bends. Atleast the cars were quick off the line.

SmallSoldier

carisi2k wrote:
ringo wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 04:32
Except it didn't look good on the track. Martin brundle said as much on friday saying that probably only mclaren, racing point and williams were worse through the quick s bends. Atleast the cars were quick off the line.
I would take whatever Brundle says with a grain of salt... On boards from the teams show the likes of Mclaren on the faster side when it came down to turns 11 - 12.

Brundle also said that the Ferrari was more composed, planted and seemed faster than the Mercedes and that turned out to be off the mark too.

The onboards for the cars actually show that the Renault looks very solid and planted through the lap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aral

Once again, I would remind you that the topic of this thread is specifically the RS 19. I have removed some posts that were comparing Merc, Ferrari and RB as these were off topic. If you want to compare performances in the race, could you please use the race thread, and keep this thread for purely technical matters pertaining to the Renault.