Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dren

Re: Red Bull RB15

I never realized the upper fronts curved back like that.
Honda!

godlameroso

Saishū kōnā

FMP
FMP

Yeah, thats what I'm going to call them from now on. Front wing, barge board, mid wing, side pod and rear wing.

PhillipM

New front and rear wing arriving for Red Bull in the next test session according to Chandook.

Zynerji

cramr wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 08:57
Zynerji wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 03:47
Capharol wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 02:32

why?
Clarification. Can say it has 4 mounting points.
You can't, the housing of the mirror is connected to the chassis by 2 connection points (even if their shape is very complex)
Actually. The mirror housing has 2 mountings to the mirror shroud, then the mirror shroud has 2 connections to the mirror mounts.

Maritimer

Like every mirror on every car, that the mirror to housing mounts are exposed doesnt change anything. If this is illegal then so are all the other designs.

AMG.Tzan

At 7.20 Marc Priestley starts talking about Red Bull and states that rumors say that Honda still has vibration problems and they can't run their engine in the highest mode for long periods!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

RonDennis

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 23:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPt9J8bOSg

At 7.20 Marc Priestley starts talking about Red Bull and states that rumors say that Honda still has vibration problems and they can't run their engine in the highest mode for long periods!
I guess the article in Bild wasn't wrong after all. I still suspect the same thing happened last year. Some big performances by Toro Rosso in quali, nowhere in the race.

godlameroso

Is it the engine or the chassis that falls apart though?
Saishū kōnā

McMika98

Lame attempt for clickbait and headlines. Do like the guy but his mclaren sources arent as realiable even when it comes to Mclaren.
Its not like any team were planning to run a new engine on high mode in Day1 and how would the source know they ran on such mode. Yet still had the top speed of all cars with whatever mode they had.

roon

Sevach wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 11:18
Granted this a low speed photo and maybe a light fuel load, but have previous RBs had this amount of static droop in the rear suspension arms? I can't recall seeing this much. Looking almost as angled as the front arms.

ispano6

PhillipM wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 20:02
New front and rear wing arriving for Red Bull in the next test session according to Chandook.
I was under the impression that the RB15 front looked incomplete and Horner didn't seem too phased when he was asked about Ferrari and Alfas "radical" front wing. RB should have some more performance in the pipeline and Honda need to work on mappings that cater to the individual driving styles.

With regard to the vibrations, its still pretty obvious that on some corners there is an audible vibration trill on upshift, but it seemed as though this happened on the RB15 and not the STR14. The off throttle cackle timing also sounded longer and less consistent on the RB15 where as the STR14 sounds smooth and refined.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ScrewCaptain27

AMuS
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Godius

Seems like this is the new higher downforce rear wing AMuS is talking about. The RW main plate looks bigger indeed but I would like to see more pictures of it:
AMuS wrote:Wir hören aus dem Red Bull-Lager: Ab heute schmückt der richtige Heckflügel den RB15. "Vorher war es ein Montreal-Flügel", scherzt Teamchef Christian Horner. Soll heißen: Ein Heckflügel mit zu wenig Anpressdruck. Der neue erzeugt mehr Abtrieb im Heck. Das erleichtert es den Ingenieuren, das Auto auszubalancieren. Honda hat zur Sicherheit den Motor getauscht nach dem Einschlag von Pierre Gasly gestern. Untersuchungen haben ergeben, dass der Motor aber nicht beschädigt wurde.