Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
Morteza
1888
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Morteza on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

seense
10
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by seense » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:15 pm

Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm
The new Red Bull rims are fitted with smaller wheel nuts, so means new hub and upright.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9gqmDFXUAUIQy5.jpg
What do you think. Is this aerodynamic/outwash or controlling tyre temp?

godlameroso
354
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by godlameroso » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:26 pm

On the second picture, are my eyes playing tricks on me or have they filled in the space behind the bargeboard with floor? It looks like the T-Tray extension is connected to the bargeboard.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

cplchanb
2
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by cplchanb » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Is that mirror even legal? How can they argue for the structural aspect of that winglet in front of it?

roon
444
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by roon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm
The new Red Bull rims are fitted with smaller wheel nuts, so means new hub and upright.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9gqmDFXUAUIQy5.jpg
By goint back to a narrow axle, they could regain some blown axle effect by moving air through the gap between the narrowed axle and the brake disc. I see a circular array of holes just behind the spoke roots. Narrow wheel spokes would allow more air to pass through in that direction.

Image
Last edited by roon on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morteza
1888
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Some more shots of the new rims
Image

Image

Image

Image
Via @BerrageizF1 and AMuS
Last edited by Morteza on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

cplchanb
2
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by cplchanb » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Those shiny new lugnuts are en"captivating" 8)

seense
10
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by seense » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm

roon wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 pm
By goint back to a narrow axle, they could regain some blown axle effect by moving air through the gap between the narrowed axle and the brake disc.
So the axle is now "externally blown"?

roon
444
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by roon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:06 pm

seense wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm
roon wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:42 pm
By goint back to a narrow axle, they could regain some blown axle effect by moving air through the gap between the narrowed axle and the brake disc.
So the axle is now "externally blown"?
Seems feasible.

JordanMugen
20
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by JordanMugen » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm
Some more shots of the new rims
OZ Racing? They don't seem to have any wheel manufacturer/sponsor decals on them.

edit - my bad, spotted the OZ decal now.

Morteza
1888
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image
Via AMuS
Last edited by Morteza on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

seense
10
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by seense » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm

Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm
https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 603965.jpg
Via AMuS
New diffuser shape. It has a straight part now. Before it was curved.

Edit: That's the toro rosso... :oops:
Last edited by seense on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lio007
283
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by lio007 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm

seense wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm
Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm
https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 603965.jpg
Via AMuS
New diffuser shape. It has a straight part now. Before it was curved.
No, the last one is just not the RB15, but the Toro Rosso.

Morteza
1888
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:36 pm

lio007 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm
seense wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:31 pm
Morteza wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 pm
https://imgr2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/R ... 603965.jpg
Via AMuS
New diffuser shape. It has a straight part now. Before it was curved.
No, the last one is just not the RB15!!
It IS the Toro Rosso. Sorry! :oops: Removed the photo
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

lio007
283
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Red Bull RB15

Post by lio007 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Just for reference: Top ( floor from the beginning of May in Barcelona). Bottom ( floor from France)


Image

Image

Updates since May:
# 3 instead of 2 flaps on top of the diffusor
# winglets on the floor that were added in Monacco