Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
HPD

Re: Red Bull RB15

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Only at the end of sesssion, after reporting of FW damage...

Pyrone89

Front wing also different (old spec) in that picture.

Perhaps Gasly has crashed so many wings now that the shortage of parts Marko mentioned has now made them use the old spec? Hope not because that would basically mean weekend over pace wise.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

The inner flap points are different too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SiLo

Pyrone89 wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 13:52

Perhaps Gasly has crashed so many wings now that the shortage of parts Marko mentioned has now made them use the old spec? Hope not because that would basically mean weekend over pace wise.
Yup, looks like a backup wing. Surprised they dont have enough of the new one made though.
Felipe Baby!

Pyrone89

SiLo wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 14:10
Pyrone89 wrote:

Yup, looks like a backup wing. Surprised they dont have enough of the new one made though.
Well quite a few have been destroyed these last weeks and if I am correct it takes quite some time to build them with all the little details they have these days

Singabule
Singabule

Pyrone89 wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 14:28
SiLo wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 14:10
Pyrone89 wrote:

Well quite a few have been destroyed these last weeks and if I am correct it takes quite some time to build them with all the little details they have these days
No, you can see kiel probe on the backround, so its the early morning session. Just normal aero works and review

Curbstone
Curbstone

Surprised that Max is the one with the old (Monaco) spec wing.

Bill
Bill

Max was spinning a lot that front induce balance issues and the new front wing introduced in Austria was supposed to address that

etusch

Bill wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 18:02
Max was spinning a lot that front induce balance issues and the new front wing introduced in Austria was supposed to address that
Are those balance issues or are they trying different settings and also driver is trying to figure out limits of the car in the corners or something like that experimental to be better at race

Marti_EF3

Maybe knowing that FP1 and FP2 would be almost useless due to rainy conditions. They decided to do comparison runs to better understand and optimze the updates. Just guessing with my opinion

Pyrone89

Marti_EF3 wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 19:42
Maybe knowing that FP1 and FP2 would be almost useless due to rainy conditions. They decided to do comparison runs to better understand and optimze the updates. Just guessing with my opinion
I think the general belief was that the new wing was a huge improvement, so them starting to test the old wing again 3 GP’s later gives a mini-version of the Haas vibes (reverting updates, not knowing which direction to go)

Wouter

"Changes to car during VT1 cause of spins"

Max Verstappen:
"Initially I was happy during VT1, but we tried some things that I was not so happy with," he told among others GPToday.net.
"As a result, I lost the back twice. However, I think it is important to test these things, because during VT2 my car had a good balance again. We seemed very competitive and I expect Mercedes to have something for us but tomorrow will be an interesting day. "
The Power of Dreams!

zibby43
zibby43

A little flow-viz . . .

Pyrone89

Verstappen just said on Ziggo that in Hockenheim a part of the floor broke off between Q1 and Q2 losing them quite some time. Without that they were expected to beat both Mercs in quali. That explains the post-race message about ‘performance we should have had yesterday’. They expected a Ferrari front row if they had not run into issues. Really seems that first pole for Max is even more cursed than Leclerc’s first win #-o