Williams FW43 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Holm86

Re: Williams FW43 Speculation Thread

jjn9128 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 10:50
schwepes wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 08:31
jjn9128 wrote:They've reused some old footage. The guy inspecting the wind tunnel with a torch has been used before.
He is still looking for the correlation between the wind tunnel and the track ;)
Any aerodynamicist worth their salt knows you need a deerstalker and a magnifying glass to find correlation :roll:
They should just hire some people from this forum, many are giftet with VFD (Visual Flow Dynamics) :D

jjn9128

Holm86 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 11:04
jjn9128 wrote:
schwepes wrote:

He is still looking for the correlation between the wind tunnel and the track ;)
Any aerodynamicist worth their salt knows you need a deerstalker and a magnifying glass to find correlation :roll:
They should just hire some people from this forum, many are giftet with VFD (Visual Flow Dynamics) :D
I fear we may have drifted off topic but VFD is no joking matter. Families have been torn asunder by claims that turning vane (A) cleans the flow to the rear wing by making a vortex which manages the airflow. "Curse my CFD eyes," cry the victims of VFD, "for I have the sight and am forced to see the air in all it's flows!"

Going back to the car, is the blue and red not the exact shades that were on the Manor?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Manoah2u

Finally a Vaillaint livery in F1?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bosyber

Is that a mock-up, or does it show the tub of the FW43 - I note there's something that looks a lot like a mock-up of an Mercedes engine behind it (so maybe this is for the mechanics to practice/test-fit stuff?)

ScrewCaptain27

Mock-up used for seat fitting.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Lotus102

Interesting how they showed the bespoke pedal very clearly, but it has '4201' on it

Pedal box is one of the areas Williams suggested they might go off-the-shelf, though I don't know if that includes the pedals themselves.

The mock-up looks very similar to the FW42 chassis. I can't discern any differences, in fact. I wonder if that means they're using an identical tub this year? They did that in 2012-13, ahead of new regs coming in the following year...

SimonFW11b

The video was taken last season, look at the overalls

bill shoe

Holm86 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 11:04
jjn9128 wrote:
schwepes wrote:

I've heard of that fine art referred to as Eye-Rodynamics. Good eye-rodynamic proficiency allows people like me to discern mistakes made by professional aerodynamicists who've been using wind tunnels and other silly tools. :D