Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
MtthsMlw
995
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

SF1000
Image
via @FunoAT
SF90
Image
Exhaust and wastegate are placed differently. Possibly due to changes of the gearbox.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Who saw the "THE RACE" video on youtube? The old Autosport guys...

Gary Anderson tried to adjust everyone's times for tires and fuel.

He has Mercedes #1 at 1'16.432, Red Bull second, RACING POINT THIRD, and Ferrari NINTH down at 1'18.289.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:11 pm
SF1000
https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/wp-con ... scaled.jpg
via @FunoAT
SF90
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/th ... ?s=612x612
Exhaust and wastegate are placed differently. Possibly due to changes of the gearbox.
Lovely photographs, thanks for posting.

The caliber of craftsmanship and detailed work that goes into these cars just keeps getting better and better all the time.

They always looked perfectly manufactured too back, say, in the 1990s, but by today's standards they were fairly crude.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Unf wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:47 pm
toraabe wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:51 pm
If this car is a flop. they should instead focus on 2021.....
And being beaten by energetic drink makers? Brand like Ferrari can not to let it be like that, even from marketing point of view.
I have heard many pundits mention so far that most teams are going to adopt this type of attitude this year. In other words, everyone is expected to front-load their development...bring a lot of stuff fast and early and hope for the best. And then at the first sign that it's not enough...abandon this year entirely for a 100% focus on 2021.

I believe Ferrari should do that, if it would help develop the 2021 car substantially.

The benefits of a good car this year will last 1 season; the benefits of getting it right next year might last for the duration of the next 2021 formula, as Mercedes has enjoyed a big lead throughout this hybrid era.

LM10
LM10
136
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Who saw the "THE RACE" video on youtube? The old Autosport guys...

Gary Anderson tried to adjust everyone's times for tires and fuel.

He has Mercedes #1 at 1'16.432, Red Bull second, RACING POINT THIRD, and Ferrari NINTH down at 1'18.289.
What kind of an adjustion was that? The time from Ferrari is basically the one they clocked in testing without intending a performance run. These times say nothing. Don't know how you can adjust them without knowing the fuel load and power the cars run in the first place.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

zibby43 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:34 am
From the Leo Turrini blog:

"The first aerodynamic package of the SF1000 does not work. So far the problems of 2019 have not been solved. The car suffers from understeer and the performance on the dry lap are still far away from the Mercedes (and Red Bull) levels."

Turrini, a Ferrari insider, had reported a few weeks ago that the SF1000 had not achieved the expected results in the wind tunnel.

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... tto-5.6175
I know it is just testing, and it is still early, and the season hasn't even begun, and all the teams will engage in a lot of development work. But...

I have seen enough! This Ferrari doesn't have it, and when a design is off out of the box in fundamentals, incremental tweaks later on don't really help.

It kind of sucks when you can hand Mercedes another championship before the season starts! I thought it was kind of boring when Ferrari clinched the championship in July at Magny-Cours back in 2002!

But this is a lot worse.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

LM10 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:58 pm
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Who saw the "THE RACE" video on youtube? The old Autosport guys...

Gary Anderson tried to adjust everyone's times for tires and fuel.

He has Mercedes #1 at 1'16.432, Red Bull second, RACING POINT THIRD, and Ferrari NINTH down at 1'18.289.
What kind of an adjustion was that? The time from Ferrari is basically the one they clocked in testing without intending a performance run. These times say nothing. Don't know how you can adjust them without knowing the fuel load and power the cars run in the first place.
Watch the video! He did mention that you obviously have to make some guesses and we don't know fuel loads, etc., but you can try to adjust for tire compound which is known, etc.

This comes from Gary Anderson; he's a clever guy and designed the Jordan 191 among other things, so he's not some idiot Autosport writer.

LM10
LM10
136
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm
LM10 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:58 pm
Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Who saw the "THE RACE" video on youtube? The old Autosport guys...

Gary Anderson tried to adjust everyone's times for tires and fuel.

He has Mercedes #1 at 1'16.432, Red Bull second, RACING POINT THIRD, and Ferrari NINTH down at 1'18.289.
What kind of an adjustion was that? The time from Ferrari is basically the one they clocked in testing without intending a performance run. These times say nothing. Don't know how you can adjust them without knowing the fuel load and power the cars run in the first place.
Watch the video! He did mention that you obviously have to make some guesses and we don't know fuel loads, etc., but you can try to adjust for tire compound which is known, etc.

This comes from Gary Anderson; he's a clever guy and designed the Jordan 191 among other things, so he's not some idiot Autosport writer.
I can remember his adjustments last season when he told Ferrari was way ahead. Gary Anderson might have been a clever guy back then, but I'm not sure about now anymore. He suggested the McLaren of 2018 to be very fast. We all know what happened.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
17
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Jip wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Ringleheim wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 pm
Bad news from Mattia Binotto...as mentioned just now during Sky Sport's televised Testing. I"m watching online. Mentioned by Ted Kravitz...

The car is not a Mercedes beater now, but may be by the end of the season.

Will the car be new or different next week at the second test? No, this is the car we will take to Melbourne, with a few changes.

Mood is said to be downbeat.

GREAT.

😢
Still doesn't mean anything, Mercedes said the same last year, and look what happened in Melbourne. Don't read to much in the comments of Mattia.
Everyone is reading something into the comments, including all the reporters who know these guys on a personal level. No one thinks it's a bluff.

Ted Kravitz mentioned how Vettel is incapable of not perfectly telegraphing his emotions and you always know exactly how he is feeling. He is always either "happy, fun" Vettel, depressed, dark Vettel, or a little something in between.

Ted said right now Vettel is somewhere between depressed and "in between". I.E., he's not happy b/c he knows the car doesn't work.

Those Ferrari guys all know what was wrong with last year's car, they all know what they wanted to fix, they all know what the plan was, and they have just turned hundreds of laps on a dry track with good weather. If the car is not there, they are all going to know it.

Either the car is a disappointment (if not complete failure) or the entire team is putting on the most cleverly conceived hoax and acting job F1 has ever seen.

Watch Binotto deliver those comments! He sounds like he just found out his child died.\

Which in a sense, may be true, seeing as he is the father of the car.

User avatar
Mr.G
44
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:10 pm
Jip wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:26 pm
Ringleheim wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 pm
Bad news from Mattia Binotto...as mentioned just now during Sky Sport's televised Testing. I"m watching online. Mentioned by Ted Kravitz...

The car is not a Mercedes beater now, but may be by the end of the season.

Will the car be new or different next week at the second test? No, this is the car we will take to Melbourne, with a few changes.

Mood is said to be downbeat.

GREAT.

😢
Still doesn't mean anything, Mercedes said the same last year, and look what happened in Melbourne. Don't read to much in the comments of Mattia.
Everyone is reading something into the comments, including all the reporters who know these guys on a personal level. No one thinks it's a bluff.

Ted Kravitz mentioned how Vettel is incapable of not perfectly telegraphing his emotions and you always know exactly how he is feeling. He is always either "happy, fun" Vettel, depressed, dark Vettel, or a little something in between.

Ted said right now Vettel is somewhere between depressed and "in between". I.E., he's not happy b/c he knows the car doesn't work.

Those Ferrari guys all know what was wrong with last year's car, they all know what they wanted to fix, they all know what the plan was, and they have just turned hundreds of laps on a dry track with good weather. If the car is not there, they are all going to know it.

Either the car is a disappointment (if not complete failure) or the entire team is putting on the most cleverly conceived hoax and acting job F1 has ever seen.

Watch Binotto deliver those comments! He sounds like he just found out his child died.\

Which in a sense, may be true, seeing as he is the father of the car.
Try to read this - https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2 ... s-learned/
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

User avatar
Dream Theater
19
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:53 am
Location: Italy

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
This comes from Gary Anderson; he's a clever guy and designed the Jordan 191 among other things, so he's not some idiot Autosport writer.
You must be really new to the F1 world, because you should know that, despite being an extremely clever guy, Gary Anderson, more often than not, wrote and said completely wrong things about F1 in general (especially during the pre-season testings).
Being clever doesn't guarantee anything in a so complex world like F1, so, what Gary said, doesn't prove anything.


Ringleheim wrote: Either the car is a disappointment (if not complete failure) or the entire team is putting on the most cleverly conceived hoax and acting job F1 has ever seen.
Yeah, yeah, it's quite obvious that you don't remember the extremely well crafted sandbagging done by Mercedes in 2019 pre-season testings, where Toto Wolff spoke exactly like Binotto did this year.

PhillipM
PhillipM
433
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm
This comes from Gary Anderson; he's a clever guy and designed the Jordan 191 among other things, so he's not some idiot Autosport writer.
This is the same guy that said Mclaren was going to be fighting with Williams last year.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx
-3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm
Who saw the "THE RACE" video on youtube? The old Autosport guys...

Gary Anderson tried to adjust everyone's times for tires and fuel.

He has Mercedes #1 at 1'16.432, Red Bull second, RACING POINT THIRD, and Ferrari NINTH down at 1'18.289.
He's got one thing wrong. We don't know the fuel (and engine) levels.

timbo
timbo
122
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:03 pm
he's a clever guy and designed the Jordan 191
He also designed 192 and 193 :roll:

The times mean nothing at this point.
Slightly worrying is that they are more than a hundred laps shorter in the accumulated track time than Merc and RB.

Sevach
Sevach
975
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Given Anderson's recent streak we should expect Ferrari to steamroll everyone.