Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dren

Re: Ferrari SF1000

The team has said they are trying to understand a wide range of set-up possibilities to better prepare them for the season. They also designed this car with more flexibility in set-up changes. They had a narrow range last year that hurt them on occasion. I don't see any need to panic. The regulations haven't changed and the car doesn't have any drastic changes on it, so I'd expect them to be competitive.
Honda!

bluechris

dren wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 16:47
The team has said they are trying to understand a wide range of set-up possibilities to better prepare them for the season. They also designed this car with more flexibility in set-up changes. They had a narrow range last year that hurt them on occasion. I don't see any need to panic. The regulations haven't changed and the car doesn't have any drastic changes on it, so I'd expect them to be competitive.
I agree if they decide to forget the High Rake setup because this is the bigger difference to me this year. They try hard to benefit from the high rake in slow corners and i hope they gathered the data they needed.

Ringleheim

dren wrote:
The head of the team looking like he just saw a ghost, telling you he is not the first or second best car in the field, he cannot challenge for wins now, but maybe can at the end of the year...none of that is cause for panic, huh?

You're a brave soul.

:lol:

3jawchuck

Ringleheim wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 20:55
dren wrote:
The head of the team looking like he just saw a ghost, telling you he is not the first or second best car in the field, he cannot challenge for wins now, but maybe can at the end of the year...none of that is cause for panic, huh?
You're a brave soul.
:lol:
Could be true, could be an act. Anyone can say anything, it essentially means nothing.
We will not truly know until the season gets going. That said, I personally think there is some truth to Ferrari's problems, but nowhere near as terminal as it is being interpreted.

GioKer32

Have you read one of the latest articles from F1? Ferrari is believed to be the fastest car in slow corners, more than a tenth faster than Mercedes and RedBull! So I don't think the SF1000 is a wrong or slow car, it's just "Young" and they need to understand it better. But undoubtely it's a bit conservative car, particularly at the front end.
No fear, but comparing the fastest stints made by Vettel and Hamilton (C2 vs C3), the Mercedes is 1.5 sec faster...

PlatinumZealot

That is very good to hear they were attrocious in Yas Marina Sector 3. Losing like six tenths alone in that sector! So this is the right track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ncx
ncx

GioKer32 wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 22:53
But undoubtely it's a bit conservative car, particularly at the front end.
According to some analysts, SF needs the larger nose (and relative nostrils) in order to compensate for the lesser downforce provided by the outwash wing design, which seems to make sense.

Sevach

ncx wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 02:26
GioKer32 wrote:
25 Feb 2020, 22:53
But undoubtely it's a bit conservative car, particularly at the front end.
According to some analysts, SF needs the larger nose (and relative nostrils) in order to compensate for the lesser downforce provided by the outwash wing design, which seems to make sense.
I've expected then to go to something like the Alfa nose rather than follow Mercedes, thus far they extend their nostrils a little bit compared to next year... let's see if there's something to come.

Sevach

Morteza

Via AMuS

New engine cover according to Giorgio Piola
Giorgio Piola wrote:The Ferrari SF1000 ran with a new engine cover this morning. The new design creates an enlarged shark-fin area and more tapered bodywork for the cooling outlet, which itself is minimised too.

Via AMuS
Last edited by Morteza on 26 Feb 2020, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1NAC

Naked POU

KingLoe

Why is the rear suddenly in glossy paint, does it take more time to do the matte finish?

marvin78

KingLoe wrote:
26 Feb 2020, 12:26
Why is the rear suddenly in glossy paint, does it take more time to do the matte finish?
It already was last week and at the launch.

mantaque

marvin78 wrote:
KingLoe wrote:
It already was last week and at the launch.
Still, the question remains. Is it the matter of airflow (velocity?)
Posting a bit different angle of the rear:

OBELIKS

Maybe temperature? Exhaust is near there.