Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
hape

Re: Ferrari SF1000

El Scorchio wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 13:43
How can Ferrari have got it so badly wrong? Clearly much is to do with the engine situation and they have clearly got stuck since the 'secret deal' forced them to make changes.....
Now of course the engine has to do something with it but Silverstone is a power hungry circuit with 80% full throttle time and they didn't do this bad. Not even close.
So their biggest problem is the car aero and suspension. I'd think if it was as good as the Red Bull or Mercedes they would be within 0.5s

El Scorchio

hape wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 13:59
El Scorchio wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 13:43
How can Ferrari have got it so badly wrong? Clearly much is to do with the engine situation and they have clearly got stuck since the 'secret deal' forced them to make changes.....
Now of course the engine has to do something with it but Silverstone is a power hungry circuit with 80% full throttle time and they didn't do this bad. Not even close.
So their biggest problem is the car aero and suspension. I'd think if it was as good as the Red Bull or Mercedes they would be within 0.5s
Agree. it's not all down to the engine but that was a clear point in time where the nosedive started. Perhaps as someone else said they have just written this year off and won't bother investing time and energy into updates which would explain them sinking down the timesheets. There's a serious problem somewhere though. They shouldn't be lower then 3rd in the WCC and close to Merc and RBR at worst, with points in triple figures at this point in the season.

ferrarifire

Yes, Seems Ferrari has completely diverted their resource to 2021 car development during 2019 with the assumption of 2019 engine is good enough for 2020 with the minimal aero changes ....late TD directions has completely changed the equation . 2021 also going to be very painful due to token restrictions..

wowgr8

McMika98 wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 13:45
Feel for the tifosi. After the highs of last year including win at home race to now where there is 3 home races where they are in serious danger of not making out of Q1. Would be amusing if Seb does and Alonso and calls out the GP2 engine

Ferrari really don't have an excuse, they had all winter to rectify the engine.
Not much can be done in just 1 winter. And as far as we know the engine could've been in a much worse state and they improved it as much as they could before covid hit and before the freeze

Scorpaguy

I think a lot can be done in one winter. Since Jan 2019 Bino has taken a Team that was on the rise, not the best but fighting for poles and wins routinely, to one that would likely be winless since his reign if not for fuel flow shenanigans and now struggling to get out of Q1 #-o

As TP, the blame is his. The fault(s) may not be of his making, but the "buck stops with him". Arri may have been a horse's petute to the Italian press, but was a winner. The car appears under developed since 2018 sans for the loss of 50ish HP. Corporate Ferrari's investment deserves better than this.

Alakshendra

Today seems to be the worse day of my 20 years of viewing F1, I remember when at some raced Ferrari 1 driver not able to make it to Q3 and that use to be such a big thing for us, me my brother, my cousin us to be sad whole evening thinking Ferrari driver out of Q3.

There was a time when if one Ferrari driver ends up in the 4th or 5th row of the grid , the whole of fanbase use to be so upset, I personally use to be very very upset and now here we are celebrating that cars are able to make it to Q2.

It has turned out to time that year after year we hope that now Ferrari will be on top again and 2019 car did show promise but now this disappointment, it feels like sprit itself is breaking and there seems no option, we keep on hitting a new low.

Trust me I am not exaggerating, I just cannot imagine Ferrari doing this bad.

I really wish the whole management along with every ****ing engineer and even the pit crew gets fired and we bring everyone new. It really hurts, I don't know how will I be able to keep watching F1 after this.

Alakshendra

ferrarifire wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 16:30
Yes, Seems Ferrari has completely diverted their resource to 2021 car development during 2019 with the assumption of 2019 engine is good enough for 2020 with the minimal aero changes ....late TD directions has completely changed the equation . 2021 also going to be very painful due to token restrictions..
I don't think we have to go that far, just around the corner is monza, can't imagine ferrari finishing outside top 10.

Fer.Fan

:D
Alakshendra wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 20:02
Today seems to be the worse day of my 20 years of viewing F1, I remember when at some raced Ferrari 1 driver not able to make it to Q3 and that use to be such a big thing for us, me my brother, my cousin us to be sad whole evening thinking Ferrari driver out of Q3.

There was a time when if one Ferrari driver ends up in the 4th or 5th row of the grid , the whole of fanbase use to be so upset, I personally use to be very very upset and now here we are celebrating that cars are able to make it to Q2.

It has turned out to time that year after year we hope that now Ferrari will be on top again and 2019 car did show promise but now this disappointment, it feels like sprit itself is breaking and there seems no option, we keep on hitting a new low.

I really wish the whole management along with every ****ing engineer and even the pit crew gets fired and we bring everyone new. It really hurts, I don't know how will I be able to keep watching F1 after this.
And what is even worse, Ferrari do not seems to care to much. I mean same people runs the team and no updates to the car. Where are updates to PU??? Where are aero updates? How can Ferrari allow this, how could they end up i this situation? FIA and TD on PU have hurt the team enormously and what is Ferrari doing??? They have joint cooperation with FIA for better policing the PU:its.
How naiv can they be?

I hope Italian media will be brutal in their criticism. They deserves all criticism they can get.

Morteza

They went with the higher downforce configuration for today (via @SomersF1)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Fer.Fan

Fer.Fan wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 20:43
Alakshendra wrote:

And what is even worse, Ferrari do not seems to care to much. I mean same people runs the team and no updates to the car. Where are updates to PU??? Where are aero updates? How can Ferrari allow this, how could they end up i this situation? FIA and TD on PU have hurt the team enormously and what is Ferrari doing??? They have joint cooperation with FIA for better policing the PU:its.
How naiv can they be?

I hope Italian media will be brutal in their criticism. They deserves all criticism they can get.
This is what Ferrari sporting director had to say:
”Tomorrow we will do all we can and then work on finding out why we never managed to get our package working properly, right from the first free practice session.”

They don’t even now how to set up the car, why car is not working? Total mess within the team...

LM10

Fer.Fan wrote:
Alakshendra wrote:

How naiv can they be?

Your and Alakshendra's point of view are the exact thing which Ferrari has never needed in the past and does not need now either. Hoping for criticism over media and hoping for all staff to be fired - that's just counterproductive and won't bring any positive changes. It's the pressure from fans like you and from media which puts Ferrari in a place to try to do everything in as little time as possible to turn things around and be competitive. But that's just not how it works. Ferrari needs a stable project from scratch, not trying to go for success at all costs as fast as possible. It will make them lose focus of long time goals. I hope Ferrari ignores all the criticism and keep on planning for the future.

Btw, because you asked where the PU updates are: Performance updates for the PU are no longer allowed in this season. So you won't see them until 2021.
Last edited by LM10 on 29 Aug 2020, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Deadpool

When we look at things that way Ferrari should not have agreed to an agreement with FIA, even at the cost of leaving the championship. There is life outside of F1 too...

Big Tea

Deadpool wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 23:02
When we look at things that way Ferrari should not have agreed to an agreement with FIA, even at the cost of leaving the championship. There is life outside of F1 too...
We do not know the numbers, but revenue from F1 for Ferrari is stupendous and nowhere else will Ferrari get a fraction of it.
Leaving aside any prise money, the payments for being a legacy team is more than most teams in any series get, F1 or outside, and if Ferrari left they would never get that payment back

Advertising on the car comes from a single source, which is 'sold on' and is probably as much as most teams would get in total.

Ferrari will not leave F1, they could not afford to.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

FDD
FDD

LM10 wrote:
29 Aug 2020, 21:06
Fer.Fan wrote:
Alakshendra wrote:

How naiv can they be?

Your and Alakshendra's point of view are the exact thing which Ferrari has never needed in the past and does not need now either. Hoping for criticism over media and hoping for all staff to be fired - that's just counterproductive and won't bring any positive changes. It's the pressure from fans like you and from media which puts Ferrari in a place to try to do everything in as little time as possible to turn things around and be competitive. But that's just not how it works. Ferrari needs a stable project from scratch, not trying to go for success at all costs as fast as possible. It will make them lose focus of long time goals. I hope Ferrari ignores all the criticism and keep on planning for the future.

Btw, because you asked where the PU updates are: Performance updates for the PU are no longer allowed in this season. So you won't see them until 2021.
LM10, you are absolutely right

bruno958

Do you have any idea how much resources and funds are available to Ferrari F1 team? Huge...and they are now perhaps not as fast as Williams? Heads need to be rolling....a lot of money is being wasted.