Alpine A521 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Alpine A521 Speculation Thread

diffuser wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 19:41
I personally hope they spend the 2 tokens to put the 2021 PU in. Really not looking forward to it going in next year.
They spent them "around the rear suspensions" according to Abiteboul, as said above.

And if the 2022 power unit is a split turbo as speculated by me https://i.imgur.com/JlWrWTE.jpg an early introduction of that PU would have led Renault to do like Mclaren: to give the dveloppement token back to the FIA and do the necessary changes on the monocoque, gearbox etc to accomodate the new PU...

But there is a guy who claims to have insider infos about Viry who says that the 2021 PU is new and chares some features with the 2022 PU.

diffuser

Blackout wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 16:42
diffuser wrote:
20 Feb 2021, 19:41
I personally hope they spend the 2 tokens to put the 2021 PU in. Really not looking forward to it going in next year.
They spent them "around the rear suspensions" according to Abiteboul, as said above.

And if the 2022 power unit is a split turbo as speculated by me https://i.imgur.com/JlWrWTE.jpg an early introduction of that PU would have led Renault to do like Mclaren: to give the dveloppement token back to the FIA and do the necessary changes on the monocoque, gearbox etc to accomodate the new PU...

But there is a guy who claims to have insider infos about Viry who says that the 2021 PU is new and chares some features with the 2022 PU.
Yeah, I am familiar with all the speculation on that PU and who you are. :)

I can also see how the location of the turbine and compressor is more of a packaging improvement than a power improvement(although it might keep the compressor a little cooler, being so far away from the exhaust).

The real magic is in the the sizing of the above, MGU-H, heads,fuel,combstion and ignition technology.

diffuser

Is it me or is their a lack of Alpine News, Speculation or leaks?

Lykuss

Yes. I’ve been hoping for more leaks but it seems like the team has stayed pretty tight lipped on things.
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but have they confirmed where they are allocating their two tokens? Rear end? Gearbox?

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

Lykuss wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 06:47
Yes. I’ve been hoping for more leaks but it seems like the team has stayed pretty tight lipped on things.
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but have they confirmed where they are allocating their two tokens? Rear end? Gearbox?
Alonso lost two teeth so there ya go :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

- It's a joke btw -

Anyway, i'm curious too. I must say, 2021 has it's excitement for a variety of reasons.
Alpine and Alonso are one of the biggest excitements for me.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Blackout

Lykuss wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 06:47
Option number 1: they'll modify the gearbox carrier (2 tokens) to revise the wishbones (and maybe the wheel upright - token free), especially the rear lower wishbone: they'll move its front arm backwards, like other teams did (Merc isnt the first), to reduce the blockage and enhance the airflow towards the diffuser in that area...
Like this photoshop (yellow arrow)

The Renault notably has the most swept forward lower front arm...

RedNEO