Ferrari SF21 Speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wowgr8

Re: Ferrari SF21 Speculation thread

TechF1 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:52
[
RP will have 2020 Mercedes W11 rear suspension for free so they can use the two tokens elsewhere.
These are the rules, Ferrari from January 1st 2021 is 100% working on 2022 car.
It's not everything related to budget, and RP got W10 chassis for freee ;).
RP will get the revolutionary Mercedes rear (2021 front?) suspension plus 2 extra tokens I think they'll be fighting Red Bull all season, plus I don't think the new suspension is the only thing they'll take from the W11

Ferrari said how quickly they shift focus onto the 2022 car will depend on his this season's car turns out, if it's worse than they expect they'll carry on with its development because they can't afford another poor year. If it's a good car maybe they'll focus on the 2022 car early

aleks_ader

wowgr8 wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 13:11
TechF1 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 20:52
[
RP will have 2020 Mercedes W11 rear suspension for free so they can use the two tokens elsewhere.
These are the rules, Ferrari from January 1st 2021 is 100% working on 2022 car.
It's not everything related to budget, and RP got W10 chassis for freee ;).
RP will get the revolutionary Mercedes rear (2021 front?) suspension plus 2 extra tokens I think they'll be fighting Red Bull all season, plus I don't think the new suspension is the only thing they'll take from the W11

Ferrari said how quickly they shift focus onto the 2022 car will depend on his this season's car turns out, if it's worse than they expect they'll carry on with its development because they can't afford another poor year. If it's a good car maybe they'll focus on the 2022 car early
Not necessarily for performance per say. But for development teams. Any correlation or any other issues ofc would need to be corrected before u go all out in 2022 car. I would say if they hit internal simulated results for car performance (balance, mech grip and overall aero map) they would say cao and focus to next year. Even if they manage 4-5th in constructors.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

ryaan2904

FDD wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 11:40
Interesting info

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-te ... n=widget-1
Good to see these guys experimenting.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

the EDGE

ryaan2904 wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 12:31
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

Well it won't help this year as floor slots are banned, and that entire section of floor will not even be there either

ryaan2904

the EDGE wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 12:41
ryaan2904 wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 12:31
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

Well it won't help this year as floor slots are banned, and that entire section of floor will not even be there either
I know, that's why I didn't comment anything on 21. But seeing them trying to get on top of things on the aero side instead of just giving up on the car for "next year" gives me hope :lol:
CFD Eyes of Sauron

holeindalip

FDD wrote:
Interesting info

Just looks broken off to me, it’s the same angle as the slots and as others have that section won’t even be there next year...

FDD
FDD

holeindalip wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 20:14
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

Just looks broken off to me, it’s the same angle as the slots and as others have that section won’t even be there next year...
If you read and look better you'll see that the both cars are identical, it's not possible both cars to be broken in exactly same way.

TechF1

FDD wrote:
Interesting info

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A total nonsense as usual for that site.

the EDGE

TechF1 wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 15:22
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

I posted above that the solution would be no good for this year, at that point I hadn’t even read to the end of the article.

But now having done so, it amazes me that the writer suggests it will be interesting to see if Ferrari repeat this again this year

What sort of technical editor is unaware that that section of floor will no longer exist?

6 of 12

the EDGE wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 15:48
TechF1 wrote:
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

I posted above that the solution would be no good for this year, at that point I hadn’t even read to the end of the article.

But now having done so, it amazes me that the writer suggests it will be interesting to see if Ferrari repeat this again this year

What sort of technical editor is unaware that that section of floor will no longer exist?
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the regs say that there may be no "fully enclosed" holes? The way I understand it, that would allow for those carbon-feathers, just on the newly definded edge of the floor
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

Partymood

the EDGE wrote:
TechF1 wrote:
FDD wrote:
Interesting info

Edge, I take that you used Google translate. Or you need to improve your understanding of the Italian language. 😂😂😂
The author talks about repeating the idea, not to use the same floor.

FDD
FDD

Partymood wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:45
the EDGE wrote:
TechF1 wrote:

Edge, I take that you used Google translate. Or you need to improve your understanding of the Italian language. 😂😂😂
Maybe they can repeat the idea in some way, I do not know.
My point was how hard they are working and I hope that will give positive results on the track.
Partymood, you understand that.
PS Google translate is not that bad, sometimes people have to read and to understand what was written. :)

the EDGE

Partymood wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:45
the EDGE wrote:
TechF1 wrote:

At no point did I suggest they were going to use the 'same floor', I said the author suggested they may try to us the 'same idea'

No I don't speak Italian, so yes i used Google translate. this is what the article translated to...
it will be interesting to look at the second round of the 2021 season if the idea that escaped in November is revived
Are you trying to tell me that is not the correct translation of the original italian? because in english translation this is clearly what it states, however the new floors will be cut away in that area and 'slots' are prohibited, so it will not be possible to repeat
1. Changes to the cars' floors
The most obvious visual change F1 fans will be able to spot in 2021 is alterations to the cars’ floor shape. In recent years the visible part of the floors, when seen from above, have looked rectangular, with various longitudinal and lateral slots poking out of them. These slots were used by the teams to increase the amount of downforce generated near the floor edges, creating stronger suction underneath the car, as well as fine-tuning the vortex that forms at the floor edge to further improve ground effect.

Those slots have been ixnayed for this year – the regulations stating that the whole floor must now be solid – while the floors will also feature triangular cutaways at their rear, reducing the downforce-generating surface area on cars further.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 0of%20them.

wowgr8

Split turbo design rumoured for 2022;

Ferrari: revolutionary power unit for 2022!

For the ground-effect Red which is being designed in Maranello, they decided to bet on an engine with a separate turbo and compressor, following the direction dictated by Mercedes at the beginning of the hybrid era. The novelty is that the compressor could go into the intake box, resulting in the miniaturization of the upper part of the engine. A courageous solution, especially if the freezing of PUs is decided from next year.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... r-il-2022/