McLaren MCL35М Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mwillems

Re: McLaren MCL35М Speculation Thread

Jolle wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 16:48
mwillems wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 14:06
PhillipM wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 05:48
Plenty of cars get built at coachbuilders, doesn't make them Pininfarina‎ or Giugiaro‎'s. The SLR was designed and commissioned by Merc, it's a Mercedes.

Anyway, Ricardo is contracted for the road car engines till 2025, so I doubt it. The F1 team and Roadcar side is seeing ever greater seperation in the company for a reason.
Back to the car - the paintjob is darker this year but nothing hugely different - the usual orange, some more dark grey (mainly just for sponsors that don't show up well on the orange) black details.
Hey, have you heard any news on the article regarding the Mclaren using the Mercedes suspension and gearbox?
I think you’re confused with Williams, they are abandoning their own gearboxes (for good reason). If McLaren would be switching as well, I would be very surprised and this would mean they basically throw the towel in the ring for any ambition to challenge the top three.
I didn't know whether to believe it when I wrote, but I have since seen quotes from the team about their own gearbox, so the article was just complete nonsense. The article also stated we were taking the Mercedes rear suspension.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Herr_Koos

Assuming that's the final livery, lots more grey highlights in there. Can't wait to see the final product!

charliesmithhd

Herr_Koos wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 13:39
Assuming that's the final livery, lots more grey highlights in there. Can't wait to see the final product!
just looks like body panels are off, not the livery colour

Emag
Emag

the EDGE wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 13:04
I can already spot a minor change to the wing mirrors. The part that connects the mirror with the sidepods seems to be slightly bigger. (Check the part where it connects behind the mirror).

Also, can't really tell from this angle, but I think the mirror is longer outwards from the chassis as well, like Ferrari. But I can't really be sure about that from this picture.

2020 Abu Dhabi for comparison:

Morteza

Similar nose concept, but looks sharper and slimmer

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

v3rify
v3rify

Morteza wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 23:11

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuNzAGQWYAI ... ame=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuNzATsXEAA ... name=large
I could be wrong but I thought the noses were homologated last year in Russia, meaning they wouldn't be able to change it or bring a new one for this year?

Blackout

Crash structure is homologated... maybe they're just changing the bodywork around it

_cerber1

Herr_Koos

Morteza wrote:
14 Feb 2021, 23:11

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuNzAGQWYAI ... ame=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuNzATsXEAA ... name=large
They look the same to me tbh... Slightly different angle but I really don't see how you can spot a difference from such a zoomed-in photo.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Thunder

Locking this Thread up here. Please proceed in the Car Thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&p=952159#p952159
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum