Scuderia Ferrari F1-75 speculation thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LM10

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 674 speculation thread

geraldix wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 18:36
Every year we get a bunch of rumours about the new Ferrrari "looking good, very agressive and innovative" and when it hits the track it's --- like always.
No, we don't. In 2017 the positive rumours turned out to be true on the chassis/aero side and in 2018 on PU side too. What cost the title in 2017 was the lack of power and in 2018 the numerous crashes and strategic mistakes.
We heard negative things about the 2019 car and also 2020 car. In 2019 there was talk of the engineers not being entirely happy with the aero concept. The car turned out to be slow in the corners. At least until the upgrades mid-season.
As for the 2021 car we heard news of clear improvement and the goal to finish the season 3rd even before it started and guess what, it happened.

Actually there has always been correlation between the talk and the actual performance to some degree.

_cerber1

mclaren111

geraldix wrote:
Every year we get a bunch of rumours about the new Ferrrari "looking good, very agressive and innovative" and when it hits the track it's --- like always.

Some decent performances over the last few years...

geraldix

mclaren111 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 15:24
geraldix wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJT_46oXoAI ... name=small

Is it decent enough if they are not winning races regularly?

My point is that if Ferrari can't manage to dispute the title, then these comments we see every year about their new car could refer to any other car in the grid, so what's the point? These rumours sounds just like wishful thinking from the tifosi media to me, honestly.

Ringleheim

Zynerji wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 10:47
Sevach wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 02:03
f1316 wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 00:47

Constant height: “Although simplified by regulation, with only two shock absorbers and torsion bars on each axle, the suspensions must ensure as much as possible a constant ground clearance between the front and rear, in favor of the car’s aerodynamic efficiency.”

Heave springs gone too? I didn't know that... all suspension work of the last decades is reset now.
The blunting of the pinnacle.

FisherPrice 1
Pinnacle? Active suspensions made "springs" redundant 30 years ago!

Ringleheim

jumpingfish wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 07:54
Youtube recommendation :-) Glossy red looks better than matte for me, I hope Ferrari wouldn't need to find how to decrease the weight for extra hundred grams and they let the paint be glossy.
https://yt3.ggpht.com/WFKqQE6SIwSFpf9-Q ... e666-nd-v1

https://yt3.ggpht.com/ll9UP2uEUdrD0Z2QN ... e666-nd-v1
The "matte" or "flat" paints look HORRIBLE on F1 cars.

The argument about weight savings is a joke. Tell your drive to lose a couple pounds---weight loss regained!

These cars are all bloated pigs, some 600 LBS heavier than F1 cars used to be.

They are the size of SUVs now!

Give it some glossy paint for God's sake.

JPower

geraldix wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 15:52

Is it decent enough if they are not winning races regularly?

My point is that if Ferrari can't manage to dispute the title, then these comments we see every year about their new car could refer to any other car in the grid, so what's the point? These rumours sounds just like wishful thinking from the tifosi media to me, honestly.
You don't hear these comments every year from Ferrari as previously explained.

Zynerji

mclaren111 wrote:
geraldix wrote:

That shows the Alonso vs Vettel years for points in a stark manner...😳

Tommy Cookers

Ringleheim wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 18:08
Pinnacle? Active suspensions made "springs" redundant 30 years ago!
the dominant (Williams) cars used (gas) springs integrated in series with active 'hydraulic jacking/damping' (Nye book)

Dave Williams (Lotus 'Active Ride' designer) made some posts here (try a search ?)

west52keep64

Zynerji wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 19:14
mclaren111 wrote:
geraldix wrote:

That shows the Alonso vs Vettel years for points in a stark manner...😳
It's a bit deceptive, in 2010 and 2012 Alonso lost the WDC by the narrowest of margins. In those years the championships were much tighter, so the top teams took more points away from each other. Massa was also pretty ordinary.

Ferrari now have the best driver lineup they've had in years, I definitely expect a much better season from them this year. They clearly made a step on the engine last year, and they've been able to focus on the car more than Red Bull and Mercedes.

ryaan2904

Ringleheim wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 18:13
jumpingfish wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 07:54
Youtube recommendation :-) Glossy red looks better than matte for me, I hope Ferrari wouldn't need to find how to decrease the weight for extra hundred grams and they let the paint be glossy.
https://yt3.ggpht.com/WFKqQE6SIwSFpf9-Q ... e666-nd-v1

https://yt3.ggpht.com/ll9UP2uEUdrD0Z2QN ... e666-nd-v1
The "matte" or "flat" paints look HORRIBLE on F1 cars.

The argument about weight savings is a joke. Tell your drive to lose a couple pounds---weight loss regained!

These cars are all bloated pigs, some 600 LBS heavier than F1 cars used to be.

They are the size of SUVs now!

Give it some glossy paint for God's sake.
Idc about driver weight or matte paint, but these cars definitely need to get lighter. I can't believe they're increasing weight due to "safety reasons". The cars are plenty safe already!!
If these losers governed motogp too, I bet they'd make some kind of cage round the whole bike and increase its weight by 100+ kgs..
CFD Eyes of Sauron

PhillipM

The worst thing with the weight is it's ever-increasing amounts of energy for the wheel tethers, barriers and catch fences to deal with, we've already seen cars go straight through the barriers with devastating effects, they should be simplifying, shortening and dropping the weights of the cars, not going the other way.

Emag

PhillipM wrote:
20 Jan 2022, 13:15
The worst thing with the weight is it's ever-increasing amounts of energy for the wheel tethers, barriers and catch fences to deal with, we've already seen cars go straight through the barriers with devastating effects, they should be simplifying, shortening and dropping the weights of the cars, not going the other way.
I agree with your premise, but aren't lighter cars structurally weaker and more dangerous for the driver? To shed weight they would either need to make the cars shorter, or remove/lighten internal components.

Both options reduce crumple zones, which are very important for the gradual de-acceleration on high speed crashes.

Henri

mclaren111 wrote:
geraldix wrote:

Shows how good the 2017-2018 cars where in chassis aero & engine.. Ferrari fell of the cliff in 2019 in chassis and aerodynamics since binotto took over.. that's not a coincidence arrivebene was way better

F1NAC

Henri wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 08:39
mclaren111 wrote:
geraldix wrote:

Shows how good the 2017-2018 cars where in chassis aero & engine.. Ferrari fell of the cliff in 2019 in chassis and aerodynamics since binotto took over.. that's not a coincidence arrivebene was way better
Both of them are not responsible for designing a car. More so, SF90 was developed while Arrivabene was still in charge. Your comment doesn't make sense.

Both SF70 and 71 had problems with updates later in the season because of correlation problems. Under Bino it sees that they are making steps forward with each update (based on previous 2 seasons with limited development).

I still don't understand this hate for Bino. Let him do the job.