Microphone in helmet? or Balaclava ?

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
El Scorchio

Re: Microphone in helmet? or Balaclava ?

VT5700 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:18
CMSMJ1 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:10
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 13:04

You're obsessed! I'm sure it's the best they can feasibly make it.
Obsession is not always a bad thing =D>
BIG THANK YOU !! Yes maybe im obsessed but the thing is, i regret i didnt enter F1 20 years before, as because of the Covid situation, i lost all work and am kind of jobless now. And its heartbreaking to see others a get paid for doing a lousy job. Bc to me that is what it is. Not talking about Riedel bc it appears to me, Riedel does a fantastic job in porting all the data from the cars. I make a bow for them =D>

But the teamradio ? NO. Its a fail and a shame this is normal in a sport that in magnitude is not far away from Space-X launching rockets.
But why is it a fail if the engineers and drivers can communicate with each other clearly using it? That's the purpose of the system.

VT5700

El Scorchio,

Am i rude ? Can't you see how people respond to me as if i am a dumbass ? And why i post in 2 posts about it is not your problem is it.

When you say:
"I say this because if they wanted or needed better radio comms or signals for what they do with them within the constraints they have to work with, then they'd almost certainly have engineered/implemented it already"

Well i think they have no idea what is possible and they just see this as normal, relying on the idea their engineers know what they are doing. But look at the videos I enclosed, and look at the statements i made. Until now I haven't seen a single valid argument that proves anything i said to be wrong.
Last edited by VT5700 on 07 Jan 2022, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

VT5700

El Scorchio wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:28
VT5700 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:18
CMSMJ1 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:10

Obsession is not always a bad thing =D>
BIG THANK YOU !! Yes maybe im obsessed but the thing is, i regret i didnt enter F1 20 years before, as because of the Covid situation, i lost all work and am kind of jobless now. And its heartbreaking to see others a get paid for doing a lousy job. Bc to me that is what it is. Not talking about Riedel bc it appears to me, Riedel does a fantastic job in porting all the data from the cars. I make a bow for them =D>

But the teamradio ? NO. Its a fail and a shame this is normal in a sport that in magnitude is not far away from Space-X launching rockets.
But why is it a fail if the engineers and drivers can communicate with each other clearly using it? That's the purpose of the system.
Why use an advanced electric Tesla if you can go to the supermarket on horse+wagon ?

Man. Evolution should go FORWARD. Not the way back

F1 radio communication is still horse+wagon

CMSMJ1

VT5700 wrote:
El Scorchio,

Am i rude ? Can't you see how people respond to me as if i am a dumbass ? And why i post in 2 posts about it is not your problem is it.

When you say:
"I say this because if they wanted or needed better radio comms or signals for what they do with them within the constraints they have to work with, then they'd almost certainly have engineered/implemented it already"

Well i think they have no idea what is possible and they just see this as normal, relying on the idea their engineers know what they are doing. But look at the videos I enclosed, and look at the statements i made. Until now I haven't seen a single valid argument that proves anything i said to be wrong.
El Scorchio is not being rude (so can we not have the dumbass please?) - but is just asking the question that might eb paraphrased - "if it is not broken, why fix it?"

You've obvously some deep engagement in this area. Please share the why - why should we look to improve it? Could there be an improvement in quality without any other disbenefit for a similar cost?

Space X is a good shout - suspect a rocket launch is pretty loud adn full of intereference - do you know what they would use?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

El Scorchio

VT5700 wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:12

When you say:

Well the two people who have mainly interacted with you on this thread seem to think so.

To come your statements in another way, I am sure the radio comms could be made better if they really wanted them to be, but if it's fit for their purpose already, then why on earth would they bother? They have far bigger priorities to spend their time and '1 million' (dollars?) on. To use a household equivalent, if my current vacuum cleaner isn't the absolute theoretical optimum of vacuum cleaning technology, but works perfectly well and reliably for what I need from it, why would I invest loads of my time and money in trying to improve it when I have bigger priorities to use my time and money on? Or why would I buy an 8k television when my 4k television is just fine and dandy already?

Just because it CAN be improved doesn't mean it NEEDS to be improved if it is already fit for purpose. What does it gain any F1 team to use it's development time and money to find more clarity over the radio in comparison to finding more performance in the car chassis, aero or engine?

VT5700

CMSMJ1 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:39
VT5700 wrote:
El Scorchio,

When you say:

El Scorchio is not being rude (so can we not have the dumbass please?) - but is just asking the question that might eb paraphrased - "if it is not broken, why fix it?"

You've obvously some deep engagement in this area. Please share the why - why should we look to improve it? Could there be an improvement in quality without any other disbenefit for a similar cost?

Space X is a good shout - suspect a rocket launch is pretty loud adn full of intereference - do you know what they would use?
nono it isnt Scorchio who is rude, he finds me a bit rude i guess but can I say ? I am pretty shocked that when i make clear statements, engineers here don't see to be interested in what it is. Instead they tell me how the 'facts' are.

If i would be like this, i would never learn anything. If someone comes up with a statement that he has a solution for Covid-19 that works guaranteed in a week worldwide, I would hear him out instead of telling him the 'facts' lollll without actually having a clue.

About this:
" why should we look to improve it? Could there be an improvement in quality without any other disbenefit for a similar cost"

1. Why ? Because the noise is the same level as the F1 drivers voices ? isnt that reason enough ?
2. Why ? if 0.001 second in a qualification can have such a huge impact on a team results, why can't a clearer less annoying radio have such an impact ? Can anyone understand Hamilton very well all the time ? I can't, even if he has the best voice timbre in current F1 especially when i compare to Max. Look at TV interviews for example, Max mumbles a bit while Hamilton has a great clear voice.
But on the radio, this is inaudible, only when standing still or at low speed maybe.
3. why would it cost a similar amount ? Even if i don't know what they paid the engineers, a Tesla is still more expensive than a horse+wagon :D

Yes i want to be paid for it.
But maybe its time to delete the post. I don't see much added value.

VT5700

El Scorchio "..but works perfectly well .."

there you lost me man :D we live in different worlds.

wogx

*Deleted, it was inappropriate*
Last edited by wogx on 07 Jan 2022, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

VT5700

wogx wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 16:28
If you're so ingenious, then why you're unemployed? There are many devices you could improve with your power! Instead of that, you're wasting your time here, being a (...) to other users.
I'm not completely unemployed, its just that the gvt. removed all clients by forcing Covid-19 rules. And i'm not the best businessman, very true to admit. That im wasting my time here is clear and if you find me a pain in the a$$, well maybe you're right. I just can't stand arguments like "I am an engineer for 20 years etc.blabla" sorry to say, but its not an argument. And if you read the topic, in fact the other topic i started before, same thing, the only thing i read is scepsis and teaching me a lesson that 'this is it'. How stupid is that. Ok my last reply here, below you can hear me on a Aprilia ETV1000 and the date of the recording is 6 september 2001. This recording was via a Nokia Phone to a landline, but i have the same results with analog FM radio, there is no difference. The Nolan N101 was a noisy helmet, and speed here is 80.... 220km/h.
So where is the noise ??

reminder:
Last edited by VT5700 on 13 Jan 2022, 17:37, edited 6 times in total.

El Scorchio

VT5700 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:58
El Scorchio "..but works perfectly well .."

there you lost me man :D we live in different worlds.
If the drivers and engineers have no problem hearing and understanding each other clearly, then yes it works perfectly well and there's no need to mess with or upgrade the system.

Why DON'T you think it works? Just because you can't personally understand every word when it's broadcast on the television? It does seem like you are the only person who thinks it's actually a problem.

VT5700

Maybe internally their quality is better, don't know. Maybe it goes wrong when the radiocomm is routed into the TV-Broadcast system. May be true i don't know

Ok lets close the thread. Im going to bake pancakes :D

Jolle

VT5700 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 17:46
Maybe internally their quality is better, don't know. Maybe it goes wrong when the radiocomm is routed into the TV-Broadcast system. May be true i don't know

Ok lets close the thread. No quality input here. Im going to bake pancakes :D
You asked a few questions, I took the time to answer it (well, heck, it's in my line of work) and as a thank you I'm met with:

"Good luck with it, 'engineers'"

and

"I don't care if you are a 100 years working as engineer"

It's good to hear you have figured out how to implement a gate on your illegal drive on your motorbike.

VT5700

Jolle wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 17:59
VT5700 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 17:46

Ok lets close the thread. No quality input here. Im going to bake pancakes :D
You asked a few questions, I took the time to answer it (well, heck, it's in my line of work) and as a thank you I'm met with:

"Good luck with it, 'engineers'"

and

"I don't care if you are a 100 years working as engineer"

It's good to hear you have figured out how to implement a gate on your illegal drive on your motorbike.
A gate? are you kidding man 😂 this has nothing to do with a noise gate.

try a noise gate in F1 and then what ? suddenly no noise ? :D =D>

lollllll

CMSMJ1

Having ridden a Caponord..they are not very quiet really!! :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

VT5700

CMSMJ1 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 19:48
Having ridden a Caponord..they are not very quiet really!! :mrgreen:
Yes true, its a turbulent windshield 💨