Renault R27

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
tiago Figueiredo

It looks very nice...
It has some ideas from last year ferrari, mirrors for example.
Very Beautifull car, let's see if he is fast. I hope so...
Tiago Figueiredo

Kass

best looking car.. dont like the livery though.. i hope the new ones going to be a classic.. going to miss the blue yellow livery

vyselegend

LOL look at the rear wheel on the pic there:

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news/2007/01 ... shakedown/

Since the carbon ring was deemed legal last year, I think every car will feature it at Melbourne.

Sawtooth-spike

just spotted that 2,

But you beat me 2 it :)

Still a lovely looking car.

I think we will see everybody running them this year, I am sure the will be banned this time :)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

allan

again,the same as ferrari, they are still running last year's wings

fwa2500

that looks really good....the 07 cars are looking really hot so far aside from the toyota (which looks exactly like the ones from the last few years).....notice the black on top of the nose (or is it just the glare?)....looks like the glareshields they used on airliners in the past, except its glossy...
http://www.f1racing.net/en/photolarge.p ... catID=2157

the mounts for the front wings also look alot like the ones McLaren have used...
http://www.f1racing.net/en/photolarge.p ... catID=2157

i do like the mirrors though :P

m3_lover

What happen to the Winglets on the nose? Mostly everyother team has them.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

m3_lover

That was a golden find there leomax

Question Time

Why is there a little red stripe around the nose cone?

How come Renault does not put holes in the Ears on the front wings? like you see on the sidepod winglets?

Does it look like there are some type of circular objects in the diffuser near the tire?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

I think I can see the circular object, turn your screen brightness up to about 70, its just an aero part in conjunction with the diffuser. Might even be to get heat away from the brakes or something.

The nose might be just to tell the cars apart, or something to do with the pit stops.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Saribro

The sidepod shields all the way to the rear flipups is one surface, and the winglet is now mounted to that surface instead to the sidepod, very cool.
The R27 is packaged extremely thight, and is currently looking to be the most beautiful on the 2007 grid imho :), very sleek, very clean, very nice :).

BreezyRacer

That is an incredible packaging job to get the sidepods that small and short. Let's hope it doesn't overheat. I believe that this car is the most radical of all of new cars so far. Who knows what the Red Bull cars will look like, but I don't think they will look this compact.

The Renault is a very artful car this year. We'll see if it all works.

tetopelis

one thing though..i think we are all probably not noticing all that is there..i think there is much more to the car but that extreamly dark blue color of the car really masks alot of details...it so hard to see..i have to literally squint to try and notice..good job on the hiding department renault..:P
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

Steven
Owner

Well that red stripe on the nose is just to seperate the cars from each other, just like in race conditions. One has a stripe, the other does not.

Anyway, I was wondering about the front wing. Apparently the have changed the monocoque and I suppose also the connection with the nose cone. The nose appears however to be almost the same as last year. Could this actually be the new nose already or are they going to introduce the new one later in testing like last year?

Fan Solo

Im pretty sure all these cars are interim designs, Melbourne will be when we see all the cheeky new bits......

I do like the mirrors though, anyone also noticed the Ferrari esque wheel covers/brake coolers on the hires pic above?

http://xs411.xs.to/xs411/07032/dgb0716jan02.jpg
MMIAFN