McLaren MP4-22

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Fan Solo

I wonder when we we'll get pics of the MP4-22 as modified by LH.

Best it happens in testing I suppose, glad he's ok.
MMIAFN

Ranald

Sorry Dumrock. I obviously wasn't paying attention.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

zenvision

A failure? Sign of things to come?

----
Autosport:

British Formula One rookie Lewis Hamilton escaped unhurt after a high-speed crash in the new McLaren in testing at the Valencia circuit on Thursday.

"Lewis is uninjured. However the MP4-22 he was driving is badly damaged and will not be repairable in Valencia for Lewis to continue his test programme tomorrow," the Mercedes-powered team said.

"The cause of the accident is being investigated."

Double world champion Fernando Alonso, who was testing with Hamilton at the eastern Spanish track, will complete the scheduled programme on Friday.

Prior to his crash, Hamilton completed 33 laps, with a best time of 1:12.596 - while Alonso completed 76 laps with a best time of 1:11.698.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

manchild

Of course it was a failure - if it was Hamilton's fault we'd already hear it from Mclaren PR office. :wink:

Ron used up all "gearboxes" and "wirings" in the world for excuses in the previous season so from now on any mechanical failure on the car will be caused by Hamilton. :lol:

zenvision

Providing he wrote off the chassis, which I think he did, how long would it take to create a new one, as I don't think they have one in stock right now since the new car was launched not long ago.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Ciro Pabón

manchild wrote:....Ron used up all "gearboxes" and "wirings" in the world for excuses in the previous season so from now on any mechanical failure on the car will be caused by Hamilton. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe I'm not the only one missing Juan.
Ciro

Vasco

I have a question regarding the MP4/22. This year the MP4/22 has proved to be super reliable. Is it possible that with such a reliable car, mclaren can develop next years car without the need for chimneys? I would think that this can only be a positive for the cars aero...

modbaraban

Why not? They already got rid of the cooling grills for MP4-22. Tho the chimneys definitely have aero purpose as well.

More mp4-21 - mp4-22 comparissons here

Spencifer_Murphy

Nah the chimneys will likely stay. They actually benifit aero apparently. Using them to direct or condition airflow toward the rea of the car. Thats why you'll see a lot of teams running chimneys which are closed off when they're not needed for cooling (insted of just removing the chimneys).
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

bar555

Check this post

viewtopic.php?t=4705