Williams FW29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
m3_lover

Williams FW29

Nice website on how to build a FW 29 lol

http://www.attwilliams.com/
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

thats really cool,

Its a view of an f1 car you normaly never see
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild

Avatar coming up as soon as they upload full swf :mrgreen:

RH1300S

Wow - very nice idea.

tomazy

Yes this is a weary good idea from Williams, but, all the fictures so far remind me of the FW28B, i dont see nothing new. I dont think that Williams wuld want the other teams to see the new car in such a way? What do you think

benjabulle

tomazy wrote:Yes this is a weary good idea from Williams, but, all the fictures so far remind me of the FW28B, i dont see nothing new. I dont think that Williams wuld want the other teams to see the new car in such a way? What do you think
There are absolutely no secrets in what they show, all the cars are based on this same layout.
Last edited by benjabulle on 01 Feb 2007, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

I never heard of a RIS before, well I came here to learn and I am, thanks for that link, very informative. This may be a silly question but is that the order in which they design the car? surely it can't be as the monocoque would be one of the prime components?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Deano_266

but think about it its the driver that is the main component (no driver and it goes no where) but they need to find out the driver dimensions and is prob easier to get over and done with alot quicker than doin nothing and waiting till everything is built then finding out the driver cant get in
Schumi the greatest will always live on in our memories

johny

i don't think it should be the exact order in which they build the car but anyway nice thing and really interesting too. I also discovered the RIS :wink: so it has been worth visiting it.

Tom

Wow, the roll hoop can withstand 12 metric tonne, I can just about contemplate the hoop withstanding that but I'd have thought the preesure would have sent it through the bottom of the tub.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

johny

tomorrow at 10 am it's the launch according to the site

johny

the wing mirrors feature sounds good, what could be?

monkeyboy1976

I think the launch is 11am UK time as the countdown has over 1hr left.

johny

it's in 5 minutes, i made a mistake converting hours, now the countdown is 0-1:47... :lol:

i70q7m7ghw

11:00 GMT then... since no pictures are out yet.