Williams FW29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
monkeyboy1976

Ranald

Those pictures have been around for a while I'm afraid. It may well be this years livery but it is last years car. Used for filming and advert for Lenovo as I understand.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

monkeyboy1976

I think that williams website has crashed. Good advert for AT&T. Sorry ... at&t
Last edited by monkeyboy1976 on 02 Feb 2007, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyboy1976

Ranald wrote:Those pictures have been around for a while I'm afraid. It may well be this years livery but it is last years car. Used for filming and advert for Lenovo as I understand.
Thought that was probably the case.

johny

yes, site is down, maybe they discovered the failure in their countdown timer, anyway well done at&t :lol:

monkeyboy1976

site is working now with video running

pic

nice clean looking car. Sidepod is interesting

joseff

There's a slot just at the sidepod inlet. Hmm...?
The sidepod looks really weird with the extra curves and all.

waynes

that is a stunning car

cant wait for the high res pictures

Principessa

Sorry there aren't more pictures online yet and the tech specs aren't online, but Williams really has problems with their media site...It hasn't been online...
(thank you AT&T :P )

Principessa

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/Wi ... 29/Launch/

Pictures are available here in our gallery. There are pics from the launch and some on-track pictures as well!

The fist thing that caught my eye when I saw the new FW29, it the front wing. That looks great in my opinion.

I hope for Williams that the FW29 can change their luck as last year was a disaster!

i70q7m7ghw

The on track pictures in the gallery are the old car... which takes me to my next point. This car is more or less the same as last years. It has a slightly revised front wing and the sidepods and have been tucked in a bit more. But that's all I was expecting to be honest...

Principessa

Diesel wrote:The on track pictures in the gallery are the old car...
According to the information and pictures I got from Williams they are from the new car and they have been shot at Jerez in January.

joseff

Nah, they're definitely the old car. Bad, bad Williams PR dept!

As a side note, Frank Dernie seems to have left Williams.

Ranald

Dernie was never officially a Williams employee rather working as a freelance consultant.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

allan

makes the toyota look good :?