Toyota TF108

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Gecko

Re: TF108 uncovered

Actually, many of the basics of this car (the sidepods, the nose, the basic front wing shape, suspension geometry) remind me of the Williams car of the past season. Those with more insight, is there anything to this strange feeling of mine? In any case it will be interesting to see how this car compares to the FW30.

MrT
MrT

I had a similar impression. Toyota did thank Frank for his input this year, wonder if there was any collaboration?

johny

The most important one is the gearbox, toyota will use williams' one

axle

MrT wrote:I had a similar impression. Toyota did thank Frank for his input this year, wonder if there was any collaboration?
I expect Williams didn't have to pay for engines last year ;)
- Axle

scarbs

johny wrote:The most important one is the gearbox, toyota will use williams' one
For 2008 Toyota and Williams gearbox programmes have diverged. The Tf108 Toyota unit is all Toyota designed, no doubt following the concept fo the Williams|toyota unit last year, but there is a clear split now.

mx_tifoso

Now this is a clean looking car (at least livery wise). Pic of Glock's car from '08 Malaysian GP.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

checkered

The TF108 does seem

to have very good pace indeed. Being the only other team to test at Sakhir besides Ferrari, there's room for a surprise. Trulli tends to shine in qualifying and I very much doubt Kimi, Felipe, Lewis, Heikki, Nick and Robert all opting for a short first stint - given the slightest chance, Jarno will be somewhere in between them and now he's got a car that actually gets better as it gets lighter. Some of the times he posted were fairly impressive.

NDR008

I've been waiting anxiously for Toyota to bounce back. It seems it finally happened. A motorsport reporter told me to watch out for Bahrain as he anticipates better results. let's hope so. I also suspect the fact that Ralf is no longer part of the team has something to do with the improvement of Toyota as an F1 team.

The two week break will drive me insane though. Hehe :)

Principessa

Yes, nice to see that Toyota is on its feet again after some horrible seasons. This can only spice up the championship. I too believe that at Bahrain, Toyota can fight for the top5 again as they had a positive test there during the pre-season testing period.