Williams FW30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
m3_lover

Re: Williams FW30

the pants are puma too, if it was adidas wouldn't they cloth the team with adidas merchdanise?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

modbaraban

Clearly Puma shoes there...
http://www.williamsf1.com/ -> partners
Rob W wrote:Williams wouldn't make the mistake of designing something so similar surely?
Rob W wrote:I assume the team-member's names on the front of the car are forming an Adidas three-stripe design.

R
maybe just that? :?

PS: I really like the dark-blue livery! Not as good as this one tho.

Rob W

modbaraban wrote:Clearly Puma shoes there...
http://www.williamsf1.com/ -> partners
I'm still not so sure. Their website also says "Williams is one of the formula one teams who will race Puma gear in 2007.." They also have the announcement for last year's car in their news section so most of the site hasn't been updated for at least a year.

I guess we will know soon anyway - it's not as important as their car performance :lol:. I went to the Australian GP the other year and some Ferrari pit crew were still wearing old shoes from the previous sponsor, Fila. Maybe they focus on the car primarily (I hope so) in the early season.

R

mike

this car looks awsome the sidepod vane are Macca and the vents are all ferrari looks like they got the best of everything

modbaraban

Rob W wrote:I went to the Australian GP the other year and some Ferrari pit crew were still wearing old shoes from the previous sponsor, Fila.
...or of the wrong color :)

mx_tifoso

Williams and McGregor agree clothing deal

I believe this deal has already gone into place and will continue for at least this year.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet

Those are not stripes. Those are the names of all the people in the Williams organization.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/8056
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Principessa

If I'm not mistaken there are only 2 companies that supplies the F1 Teams with shoes and so and that's PUMA and Alpinestars.

Rob W

Giblet wrote:Those are not stripes. Those are the names of all the people in the Williams organization.
We kind of figured that... but they form what looks clearly like a nod to Adidas. It'll probably be gone anyway by seasons start.

R

Giblet

Three columns of text that do not look like addidas strips from far away is not a nod.

An addidas stripe is evenly wavy, not looking like a wav file visulization.

Ths Spyker car of last year was a Home Depot homage right? Orange is orange.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

axle

They are doing 6 different schemes as way of a celebration of all the milestones this year....so no they won't make it to Oz!

And if you can copyright 3 lines to that degree I'd be amazed!

Can't wait to see the times it produces with Rosberg in it.
- Axle

megz

checkered

The 1.12,838 lap

was on a decent fuel load too, so I dare say we're seeing real speed and a true step forward. Faster than many teams who have already accumulated a respectable amount of testing with their new cars anyway, McLaren notably among them even if we need to factor in possible differences in programmes. From what I've read, some key Williams people were quite satisfied, and it's already clear that the FW30 has potential to be notably faster in comparison than the 0,635 that separated her from the FW29 on their first common outing.

I have to say I like the design, too. It's not the most surprising one to emerge (nor the least for that matter), but it's visibly light, clear and focused. The tidiness, purpose and refinement is almost tangible. There's a good chance this will work out very well, with the relative stability in the design demands there are surprisingly many manufacturer teams visibly finding their way. It's a game of catch up with rather long odds, perhaps apparent in some of the more unorthodox features we've seen lately.

Spencifer_Murphy

Well we have to try not to read too much into the winter testing times (remember when prost had the fastest car at Catalunya one year - when seriously underweight lol!) and we have to remember that some teams (like Mclaren) could well be on a completely different testing regime, almost sandbagging before melbourne.

BUT that said, I have to agree with you checkered, the FW30 is a capable looking car, and I think with the apparent progress being made by some of the midfield teams (Toyota & Williams as an example) we could be set for an exciting season ahead.

Here's hoping that Williams is a step in the right direction for a Williams re-surgance.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

vyselegend

The Valancia test is over, and I think it's safe to say things looks good for Williams this year.

Today Nakajima lapped the FW30 nine tenth away of a MP4/23 qualifying simulation lap. Of course they were certainly on low fuel too, but Rosberg said they didn't drive the car to its limit yet, as it was still imperfect in terms of general balance.

It can't be taken seriously as it's only subjective speculation, but I see the FW30 in better shape than Red Bull's RB4 for 2008, possibly edging out Renault and BMW.
Still, I'm left with no clue about where in the car is the "revolution" Sam Michaels showed to Nico last year (they seemed so enthusiastic I though they had some radical approach, but it's more true about BMW's car, or Renault's front wing). The general look of the FW30 is quite academic, with a Mac laren inspiration for the FW and sidepods, following the general trend.

I hope the definitive livery will be clearer, allowing light to show more details about the car.