Honda RA108

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Zycban

Re: Honda RA108

bar555 wrote:I do not think it is worse than 2007 livery . At least now the team has enough "blank" livery space to host sponsorship .

The names of team's fans , who danated money , can also be written .

Quite Clever i think :!: There are two possible sources of money : -sponsorship- and -donations-
I dont think there will be sponsoring on the car, just the pledges you could buy last year on the dream earth website. But those are just names of the people who donated money i think.

zac510

vyselegend wrote:This livery isn't only ugly as hell, it uses same principles colors than BMW. I'm sure on TV it will be confusing like spyker / Mac Laren or Midland / Ferrari...

Renault must be happy. They won't have the ugliest livery this year... :roll:
They're happy anyway, they have the most distinctive livery.
No good turn goes unpunished.

Downforce

Some high-res pictures...

ImageImageImage

Principessa

All the latest news and the technical specs of the RA108 in our newssection. Pictures can be found in our gallery: http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/v/Ho ... 08/launch/

I have to say that I like the new livery better than the car from last year!

m3_lover

More pictures

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-hon ... 08/611509/

The flap at the end of the chimney is new and I dont think any other team has it like that
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

axle

Dear Honda,

What is so wrong with Championship White + Red details???

Regards,

The World.

In all seriousness the bodywork looks good, some nice touches. And the paint scheme is at the very least a huge improvement on last year.
- Axle

modbaraban

Omg :shock: Some people said that it can't be any worse... I wasn't that negative about the 2007 livery (but don't think it suits Honda which must be white fullstop), now the 2008 livery really is ugly. The colors clash badly and the layout isn't optimal and resembles BMW.Sauber. The worst part is that round thing on the side of the engine cover... it 'conflicts' with the shape of the engine cover so much! :-#

dumrick

I actually like the livery. Maybe I need new glasses?

Tp
Tp

HAHA when you thought it couldn't get any worse..

West

It's not that bad. They just need to remove the nose stripes.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Giblet

Honda usually screws with their livery a bit over the course of the season.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

allan

Giblet wrote:Honda usually screws with their livery a bit over the course of the season.
i beleieve this time they screwed up rite from the begining!
somebody mentioned their obvious similarity to the BMWs... man its gonna be a torture to distanguish the two! :shock:

NumberTwo

Hey, I like it too. The nose stripes work, as do the red accents on the white body. They could shrink that global image, though, like making it the "O" in "Honda". Overall, it's the cleanest looking car this season.

freedom_honda

bizadfar wrote:
Spencifer_Murphy wrote:The Honda RA107 wasn't just slow, it was a dog of a car that defyed common logic. When you add front wing to a car it will grip at the front - or at least it's supposed to - do that on the RA107 and it understeered more! There's a fundamental design flaw there, somewhere, and you can bet sooner or later Ross will see it, and suggest a way of doing it better.
interesting, sounds so amateurish, got a quote on that? Was it consistent at all circuits/tyre compounds etc?
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15092007/ ... inted.html
On my last run I requested more front wing and the car just gave me more understeer, so we need to understand the data

back to the topic, i actually thinks the new livery is AWESOME.
its simple but beautiful.

checkered

modbaraban wrote: :shock: Some people said that it can't be any worse...
dumrick wrote:I actually like the livery. Maybe I need new glasses?
Tp wrote:HAHA when you thought it couldn't get any worse..
freedom_honda wrote:back to the topic, i actually thinks the new livery is AWESOME. its simple but beautiful.
Just the sort

of an exchange an ad man would like to hear, when and if universal adulation and acceptance is unattainable. Divide et impera a la "American Idol", eh? And whereas opinions are like (unintelligible), of course I have mine. It's not horrendously bad, but seems somewhat rushed, like the graphics guys only had a couple of days (and nights) to play with ideas and muck about with photoshop and sheet printers (Is that font really just plain arial bold slapped into areas that were left empty? Not even an attempt to make a bespoke font?). The red highlights show potential, they have the air of a 60's NASA test plane - they could've gone further with that ("caution" stickers in front of air intakes and all ...). As to the globe ... cartographers have been debating the issue of map projections to this day; the "Honda solution" will give them unnecessary nightmares. They could've done loads with the "Earth" theme without just actually slapping it on ... worst of all, it's such a cliché. Actually, I quite like the look and functionality of Honda F1's website ... any chance those themes could be adapted to the car as well? Eh? How'bout it?

As to the car itself, I'd certainly hope there are development parts coming as Ross Brawn said. In that regard the purpose of this unveiling, beyond the obvious publicity, was left a bit unclear for me. But, man, that nose is high. At least they're getting air under the car and can propably improve both the downforce and l/d ratio ... I'm just wondering about the cost in terms of CoG. Or am I to take it that they had theirs forward enough already, even with something to spare? It'll be interesting to compare how the "high noses" compare with the "low noses" ... I guess Renault and Honda are at the opposite extremes now.