Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djos

Re: Ferrari F60

ISLAMATRON wrote:Image

That looks like a KERS battery in the nose of that Ferrari
It's prolly got more to do with the micro-hydrolics for the brakes or adjustable front wing or even Power Steering than KERS.

EDIT: if you look at the full size source image that yellow warning doesn't look like the top of a lighting bolt, infact it almost looks like the top of a Laser beam warning so who knows what Ferrari have got in there?

Image Image
"In downforce we trust"

bhall

ISLAMATRON wrote:That looks like a KERS battery in the nose of that Ferrari
It's an Optimess laser speed and slip angle sensor. The teardrop-shaped device that's run under the nose on Fridays is connected to that box.

(Old pic)

ISLAMATRON

Thanks for the clarification.... why would anyone put anything called "optimess" on their car?

Miguel

ISLAMATRON wrote:Thanks for the clarification.... why would anyone put anything called "optimess" on their car?
It's Ferrari. Remember they "optimessed" Massa's pitstop in Singapore last year.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

timbo

Camera position is new on Ferrari.

i70q7m7ghw

ISLAMATRON wrote:Thanks for the clarification.... why would anyone put anything called "optimess" on their car?
I'm guessing to measure speed and slip angle. These have been around for a couple of years now.
bhallg2k wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:That looks like a KERS battery in the nose of that Ferrari
It's an Optimess laser speed and slip angle sensor. The teardrop-shaped device that's run under the nose on Fridays is connected to that box.

rjsa

The FOZ wrote:
rjsa wrote:Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.

He is dangerous, he is playing out of his league. If Ferrari wants to compensate him for all the years just sponsor him on euroboss or something like that.
One more time:

Ferrari knows exactly what they are going to get from him. They're likely pleased as punch that he brought the car home, didn't rack up any fines, and are ecstatic that he didn't come in last. The reality is, for someone being away from F1 for this long, and to come back under these circumstances, his results are very acceptable.

Please explain how he is any more dangerous than, say, Kazoo, Piquet, Jr. or any of the other no0bs in their first season. He's not wrecked, or caused a wreck.

Now, you can keep thinking the way you are, but in 2 or 3 races, when he's still there, I think you'll have to admit that perhaps Ferrari have a different viewpoint than your own, and just maybe they actually are aware of what they are doing with Luca.
It turns out that Ferrari was not happy with dead last on the grid.

tk421

Miguel wrote: It's Ferrari. Remember they "optimessed" Massa's pitstop in Singapore last year.
they refer to that as "optimess prime"
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

Lookup75

rjsa wrote:
The FOZ wrote:
rjsa wrote:Sensible F1 would sack him right away, so he won't embarrass himself even more. Four speeding tickets and one crossing of the pit exit. More than 10 seconds slower in the first lap. And chickened to RG on the pit lane.

He is dangerous, he is playing out of his league. If Ferrari wants to compensate him for all the years just sponsor him on euroboss or something like that.
One more time:

Ferrari knows exactly what they are going to get from him. They're likely pleased as punch that he brought the car home, didn't rack up any fines, and are ecstatic that he didn't come in last. The reality is, for someone being away from F1 for this long, and to come back under these circumstances, his results are very acceptable.

Please explain how he is any more dangerous than, say, Kazoo, Piquet, Jr. or any of the other no0bs in their first season. He's not wrecked, or caused a wreck.

Now, you can keep thinking the way you are, but in 2 or 3 races, when he's still there, I think you'll have to admit that perhaps Ferrari have a different viewpoint than your own, and just maybe they actually are aware of what they are doing with Luca.
What team would be happy being last on the grid?

rjsa

Lookup75 wrote:
rjsa wrote:
The FOZ wrote:
One more time:

What team would be happy being last on the grid?
Now Fisi does the same and I look really silly. Hope this is a first day thing

Or Massa and Kimi are damn fast.

timbo

I wonder whether Fisi's problem with brakes can be attributed to the fact that he has to get used to charging KERS and managing braking simultaneously.

siskue2005

rjsa wrote:
Now Fisi does the same and I look really silly. Hope this is a first day thing

Or Massa and Kimi are damn fast.
got 2 agree Massa and Kimi are damn fast, and have set the bar really high

modbaraban

Realistacally it would be good for Fisico to score a few points in his 1st race for Ferrari.

astracrazy

the F60 must be alot harder to drive than what we think? Perhaps we are not giving Kimi enough credit for his recent form

sunny1304

i agree with you.

luizzi is 7th with FI while fisi is 14th with ferrari.

so it shows that f60 is a lot harder and difficult to drive.

and obviously kimi is doing a better job than is seems to the media.